36 replies to this topic

#1 Kilroy

Kilroy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:46 PM

Had a sweet deal on an Alps moon explorer from Luvemleavem in Greece but he seems to have gone AWOL or something. Went to ask him if it got off on time as it has been over a month only to discover there is a whack of people who didn't get their robots and such.
Dammit, my 2nd paypal claim in a month and I think my 3rd ripoff in 3 months.
http://feedback.ebay...?...s=25&page=1
alps_moon_explorer_luvemleavem.jpg

Leon Friedel
Alberta, Canada
www.toyrobotcollection.com
kilroy%20duncan%20smaller.gif

#2 Tinman

Tinman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:05 PM

Sorry to hear about the bad luck Leon. I've only ventured out of the US with ebay transactions from Canada and the UK.

Sorry about that Leon...I knew something wasn't right when I hit submit. Leon + Kilroy = Leroy. blush.gif

Edited by Tinman93, 31 August 2009 - 02:12 AM.

Bill P.

#3 Tinplate6

Tinplate6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:04 AM

Kilroy, funny you should mention that Ebayer, I sold that same guy an item about two months ago. He was concerned that the shipment had gotten lost but realized that he'd actually received it and mistook the package for someone else's. blink.gif Dunno, he seemed a bit confused. Sorry to hear the deal went sour on you, I've had about 5 bad deals fall through myself, you have my condolences. mellow.gif

Edited by Tinplate6, 30 August 2009 - 05:09 AM.

#4 MetalRobotHead

MetalRobotHead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:32 AM

Luvemleavem in Greece
- This just goes to show the problem we have by not discussing ebay matters here on Alphadrome. Funkrobotik and myself have been exchanging emails over the last month or so about this seller. We both noticed some strange bidding activity with another Greek bidder apparently shill bidding, at one point both were shown 'no longer a registered user' and then they came back and so on. It was difficult to prove Luvemleavem was up to no good, so nothing was said to the outside world just in case we were wrong and then drew attention to his items for sale which of course we are not able to do. In any case Kilroy, sorry to hear about your disappointment lets all hope your PayPal claim comes good.

Feedback of the other Greek bidder - http://feedback.ebay...mp;myworld=true - - suspicious ohmy.gif

Edited by MetalRobotHead, 30 August 2009 - 07:38 AM.

#5 martijn

martijn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:04 PM

hi leon, too bad!!
followed a lot of his auctions cause he appears to have many robots for sale,
noticed that often the auctions were relisted I've seen.

Edited by martijn, 30 August 2009 - 06:58 PM.

#6 Keith Palmer

Keith Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:36 PM

It pays to know your seller.

#7 Hoserflash

Hoserflash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

Hell!!...thats an unbelievable feedback profile,well noted metalrobothead.I know this dose not realy rectify things for you Kilroy but Im sorry to here of your experience with this guy sad.gif . I was watching his stuff myself,so glad I didnt bid!..best of luck with this smile.gif

#8 Dirk

Dirk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:39 PM

Sorry to hear those news LEON! I remember the first time this seller was a bit suspicious to me too - but then many auctions went thru. There had been some auctions I want to bid on something from him - in the end the pics are always a bit too bad to tell the truth about the toys he was selling. So I never purchased something from him. Please keep us updated - I would realy like to know - if you will get your money back - from that so called "paypal buyer protection".

MRH - I think in case of shill bidding - stolen pictures - and other e-bay frauds - we have often spoken about actual ebaying here on alphadrome. And we have stopped so many auctions in the past - sending out the alphaforces to protect newbie collectors from e-bay fraud. I guess those e-bay discussions should be welcome here - if really needed!

Edited by Dirk, 31 August 2009 - 05:47 PM.

Dirk from Germany
robodicki.com