Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Robots In Supercar

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi All. I recently got the Gerry Anderson Supercar Box Set. I was watching an episode titled "The Lost City" which was about a mad scientist who had an army of robots. I thought they looked familiar. They were also used in a Fireball XL5 episode called "The Granitoid Tanks." They were known as the "Granitoids." But here is a vid cap from the Supercar episode.

post-125-1238955447.jpg

‚Äč

Posted

Cool - I vaguely remember these guys after all these many years!!!

Posted

What year is this show from? There is something about the quality of photography that reminds me of the Diamond Planet box.

They both share a nuance that I associate with the early 1960's. The Gumby show had that feel too.

Posted (edited)

What year is this show from? There is something about the quality of photography that reminds me of the Diamond Planet box.

They both share a nuance that I associate with the early 1960's. The Gumby show had that feel too.

Supercar was made in 1960. Yeah, I know the feel you mean. Fireball XL5 was 1962 and has the same feel. Here is a pic of those robots from the Granitoid Tanks episode of XL5.

post-125-1238971757.jpg

Edited by kennetzel

Posted

Great find! I had never seen these robots before. Thanks for posting pictures.

Posted

I have Supercar, Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet on DVD in the box sets. I just happened to come across the episodes with these bots in them. I just started watching Thunderbirds this week...I'll keep my eyes open for any robots in those shows.

Posted (edited)

Fantastic detective work Ken,,,,I knew about the Braiman Thunderbird robot but I really had completely forgot these Supercar / Fireball XL 5 robots,although I must have seen them before I used to watch all the episodes when they were originally out and was even in the Supercar club :blush: I was only about 6 years old though :P

Edited by Sparkrobot