30 replies to this topic

#25 plasticaugie

plasticaugie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

And this one, which looks like the bandai counter part to Rascal robot. It should also be noted that all of these are dated later than the original 1977 Japan Rascal robot.

Attached Images

• 15.jpg

Tom

#26 Ultrarobotman

Ultrarobotman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

Yes,This was about the beginning of my robot collectin also;although of course I had absolutely no idea at the time. My set are moulded 1978 u.s.a. and work like new even after recovery from my parents attic after all those years. Actually , these seem to be the most resilliant robots to date. All these listed on ebay still work! Mine are actually standing facing each other on a pure marble platform,which is cool .And,Blechroboter, that places us (and most likely, all other ad members around the same age.?!)

#27 Blechroboter

Blechroboter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

And,Blechroboter, that places us (and most likely, all other ad members around the same age.?!)

Well then, congrats to your 50th birthday! :thumbs:
Got my first robot, the colourful Fighting Robot in 1968: http://danefield.com...fighting-robot/
Around 1980 under the influence of german collector Klaus Banke I bought some more plastic robots: http://danefield.com...dpost__p__56705
That was the story so far, until I noticed all those chinese repro robots six years ago. That brought me back to collecting. :biggrin:
Blechroboter.de

Es kracht und zischt, der Roboter macht nischt. Er kam vom Mars, und das warīs!

#28 Ultrarobotman

Ultrarobotman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

Well then, congrats to your 50th birthday! :thumbs:
Got my first robot, the colourful Fighting Robot in 1968: http://danefield.com...fighting-robot/
Around 1980 under the influence of german collector Klaus Banke I bought some more plastic robots: http://danefield.com...dpost__p__56705
That was the story so far, until I noticed all those chinese repro robots six years ago. That brought me back to collecting. :biggrin:

5 years retro and you'll be right on. And a happy b.d. to you ,if that is the case. I guess I was a little off but it seems we are are fairly close in age ; nontheless. My first robot was the 12" black super astronaut rotatomatic from japan.When I got my first computer all these years later, I started my colllection ,too.

#29 Blechroboter

Blechroboter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

5 years retro and you'll be right on. And a happy b.d. to you ,if that is the case. I guess I was a little off but it seems we are are fairly close in age ; nontheless. My first robot was the 12" black super astronaut rotatomatic from japan...

Lucky you! :biggrin: I was always envious on the guys with the two gun robots, at last my robot had only one gun. Poor were the boys with the TV robots. No gun, how boring was that :pfft: !
...Although the space scenes looked interesting - the flight above the surface of the moon like the Horikawa Radar Robot shows :blush: .Great!

Some years ago we discussed the average Alphadrome robot collector age. Guess nowadays it is between 50 and 55. In 80% or 90% it has to do
with the age the collector had, when he got his first robot as a young boy. Often it was in the age of 6 to 8 years.
Blechroboter.de

#30 Blechroboter

Blechroboter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Another post: Today I got the news that Sparky Robot went out of production.
If you want one, itīs the right time for a purchase.
Neutron Robot with his rotating hands is still available.

RIMG0197.JPG
Sparky Robot
Blechroboter.de

#31 Ultrarobotman

Ultrarobotman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

Lucky you! :biggrin: I was always envious on the guys with the two gun robots, at last my robot had only one gun. Poor were the boys with the TV robots. No gun, how boring was that :pfft: !
...Although the space scenes looked interesting - the flight above the surface of the moon like the Horikawa Radar Robot shows :blush: .Great!

Some years ago we discussed the average Alphadrome robot collector age. Guess nowadays it is between 50 and 55. In 80% or 90% it has to do
with the age the collector had, when he got his first robot as a young boy. Often it was in the age of 6 to 8 years.

Yes, that would be about right for my first astronaut robot from Santa Claus, about 6 yrs old I guess. As for the Neutron robot you just posted,I have 3 of those and you seriously dont want to know how many two gun robots I have today !