Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My Archer Army Is Growing!

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Over the past few weeks I've been adding to my Archer Space People collection. Each set of two Spacemen had one figure with the helmet stuck on so tight I had to break out the modeling tools to crack them off. They were ugly things! The 10-figure auction included a fairly hard to find "walking" spacewoman. This set must have been together since the 50's and belonged to a family with two children because several of the figures have an "F" scratched at the bottom of the feet and the others have an "S". With the exception of the initials scratched on the feet, all of the figures except two bronze robots are in great and almost un-played with condition. Last night I picked up this child figure with antenna still intact, a fairly hard to find feature. As far as color, I think I'm partial to the silver figures.

All photos are from the auctions:

post-329-1188005549.jpg

post-329-1188005553.jpg

post-329-1188005565.jpg

post-329-1188005587.jpg

post-329-1188005615.jpg

Edited by Tinman93

‚Äč

Posted

A couple test-shots... (new garage door=buried goodies get to see the light of day again! Well, for a little while at least :wacko: )

post-526-1189150636.jpg

Posted

Are those Archer releases TM? Never saw them in red and didn't think they were produced in soft plastic. Cool!

Posted (edited)

Are those Archer releases TM? Never saw them in red and didn't think they were produced in soft plastic. Cool!

Well, TM93... I've had them for a LONG time, but I'm not positive of origin... they're actually not soft plastic, they're an odd dull finish hard plastic (really somewhat nice looking), and are vintage test-shots (maybe even first-shots) with a few small flaws (suck marks). I thought you'd get a kick out of seeing them ;)

Oh... and if I recall correctly, I believe a shot (what the mold would make in one cycle) contained just 4 figures, 2 of each girl...

Edited by ToyMemories

Posted

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed seeing them. Here are a few pics from auctions that closed recently with some nice Archer figures. Sadly, they'll be part of someone else's collection.

post-329-1189264900.jpg

post-329-1189264905.jpg

post-329-1189264912.jpg

Posted

Oh, no, TM93, like I say I knew you'd get a kick out of them! (I kind of forgot I even had them)

Recently? Didn't those end today? ;) If so, I'd gone to that auction every month for 12+ years or so, but in recent years too many eBay $#!t-pickers have ruined it... not many good deals left there :blink: Also, a lot of junk at times.

I was actually thinking about going today, but didn't see too much I wanted... there was a couple robots though.

Posted (edited)

My Archer Army is growing too. Here's my War of The Worlds playset.

post-1643-0-50309100-1330729143.jpg

Edited by playset1952

Posted

Newbie, that playset is super!

Posted

My Archer Outer Space set as well as other Archer items in my collection.

post-1643-0-01895300-1331138240.jpg

Posted

My Archer Outer Space set as well as other Archer items in my collection.

post-1643-0-53191100-1331138330.jpg

Posted

More Archer items.

post-1643-0-67425800-1331138420.jpg

Posted

My Archer collection is growing rapidly.

post-1643-0-20246700-1331138574.jpg

Posted

Large version of My Archer War of the Worlds playset.

post-1643-0-47580900-1331138715.jpg

Posted

Have seen some of them recently. whats a fair price for them, they're dang cool!

Posted (edited)

I'm the one that started this thread but my collection pales in comparison to Playset's, some high dollar items there that NEVER come cheap! The spacemen can be purchased for little money but wait for ones in good condition and are not broken. Also be aware that Glencoe re-issued the spacemen/woman in the early 90's. Vintage figures were never produced in blue, red, or mint-green plastic. See my thread on telling the difference between vintage and Glencoe figures.

Top-notch collection Playset!!!

Edited by Tinman93