Sign in to follow this  
Joe K.

1970 - Mr Amaze-A-Matic By Hasbro

Joe K.

Don,

Here are a couple informative links:

http://www.samstoybox.com/toys/AmazeAMatics.html

http://www.robotnut.com/gallery/2-58.htm

Here's another Mr. Amaze-A-Matic sighting, this time in a 1970 Penneys Christmas catalog.

The dated cover:

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage....-e1a28&sp=1

And this page, specifically:

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage....-e1a28&sp=1

Also of special note, the Mister Brain by Remco has a chest door of a variation I've never seen before.

Fineas J. Whoopie

Here's another Mr. Amaze-A-Matic sighting, this time in a 1970 Penneys Christmas catalog.

The dated cover:

post-143-1189320776.jpg

And this page, specifically:

post-143-1189320784.jpg

Also of special note, the Mister Brain by Remco has a chest door of a variation I've never seen before.

Also what is the name of the white robot? It seems to be a variation this blue one that I thought was from Greece.

post-143-1189321183.jpg

Dany

Hello

I have this variation - Orange - Yellow

Fineas yes it is from Greece

regards

Dany

ps: how do you ad pictures here ???

ToyMemories

From the ToyMemories archives...

Hasbro 1970 catalog, page 5;

"Introducing Mr. Amaze-A-Matic, the most important new entry in space-age activity toys..."

(#5900 Mr. Amaze-A-Matic)

post-526-1189576078.jpg

famvburg

I usually just lurk here but stumbled upon this thread via a Google search for a 1970 Hasbro catalog. I apologize for the tardiness of this post but as I said, I just found the thread. Do you have the entire 1970 catalog? I understand it has the GI Joe Space-A-Matic Astro-Space Vehicle in it. I’m considering scratchbuilding a non-functional one for my GI Joe / Space Toy collection & Mr Amaze-A-Matic appears to use the same chassis, so these pics of it are helpful. If you do have the entire catalog, would it be possible to get a scan of the Space-A-Matic page(s)? Thanks & Happy New Year!

From the ToyMemories archives...

Hasbro 1970 catalog, page 5;

"Introducing Mr. Amaze-A-Matic, the most important new entry in space-age activity toys..."

(#5900 Mr. Amaze-A-Matic)

michco65

I usually just lurk here but stumbled upon this thread via a Google search for a 1970 Hasbro catalog. I apologize for the tardiness of this post but as I said, I just found the thread. Do you have the entire 1970 catalog? I understand it has the GI Joe Space-A-Matic Astro-Space Vehicle in it. I’m considering scratchbuilding a non-functional one for my GI Joe / Space Toy collection & Mr Amaze-A-Matic appears to use the same chassis, so these pics of it are helpful. If you do have the entire catalog, would it be possible to get a scan of the Space-A-Matic page(s)? Thanks & Happy New Year!

I have quite a few pictures of Mr. Amaze-a-Matic. I would also like to see some pictures of a space-a-matic. I have not seen one before. Did you ever recieve any images? Oh, I am new to this forum, hello everyone.

michco65

If you google Space-a-Matic and find Ad Views from the library of Duke. They have a Space-a-Matic commercial that has some useful info. You will have to use itunes to view the 30 second spot. I hope it helps. MC.