Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Twilight Zone

23 posts in this topic

Posted

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME>>>>>>

OK, here's a tiny little detail nobody ever gets, but that I will happily share with everyone because it so clearly demonstrates that I watch way too much TV and don't have a life.

In this episode of Twilight Zone, the Mechanized Robot the peddler is making believe is a wind-up has had an eye painted right in the middle of the clear plastic dome. It's impossible to see in this photo Morbius posted, but in other stills from that show it's clearly there.

Now in the movie The Invisible Boy, the large super computer that takes over Robby's "free-will" has a large Robby shaped clear dome as well and guess what is painted right in the middle of it?.....Yep. The same exact eye! You can't see it too well in old VHS copies of the movie, but in the new digital DVD that is part of the 50th Anniversary FP package, it can be clearly seen.

Now what do you all think of that?........Starting to sould like an episode of LOST, right? LOL!!!!!!!

Posted

post-298-1177638895.jpg

Posted (edited)

You know that got me thinking about all the sci-fi movies I've seen. There is only one robot that I can think of that induced an uneasy fear in the viewer. Even the sound it made was unnerving . I would say this robot was more cyborg. Even Spartacus couldn't defeat it.

Anything come to mind ?

Edited by Eagle

Posted

You know that got me thinking about all the sci-fi movies I've seen. There is only one robot that I can think of that induced an uneasy fear in the viewer. Even the sound it made was unnerving . I would say this robot was more cyborg. Even Spartacus couldn't defeat it.

Anything come to mind ?

I'm sorry Eagle, but that hunk o'junk Saturn 3 couldn't scare anybody! What were you on when you saw it? And do you have any left?....

Posted

oops, sorry. This is #2.

post-298-1177640247.jpg

Posted (edited)

Scary....I remember they filmed this in Toronto around what....1978 or so. Right behind City Hall.

post-298-1177640427.jpg

Edited by Morbius

Posted

Wow Morbius cool photo and how the heck could I have seen that episode so many times and never have noticed THAT? Nevermind what was Eagle on, what have I been on and for how long? :o

Posted (edited)

Good job, that was the one. Man Hector freaked me out ! I was "ON" as usual my own Endomorphines.

Edited by Eagle