ALPHADROME ROBOTS AND SPACE TOYS
Sign in to follow this  
ToyMemories

Need Help Id'ing Vintage Plastic Spaceship

ToyMemories

If anyone has an idea what this spaceship and tank-like vehicle are from, please let me know!

(I'd really love to find out)

The top 2 pics show mold cavities normally, so picture the ship/tank would be kind of reverse when made of plastic. The bottom 2 pics I made negative so they would look more like what the actual toys should appear as.

I THINK they are from Ideal, also thinking 1950's? And these are the only pics I have (sorry).

ANYTHING (even thoughts/ideas) would be very appreciated (company, time-frame, other info, etc.).

post-526-1164174771.jpeg

Fineas J. Whoopie

The space ship reminds me of the Irwin Space Ship Express.

Similar, but obviously not it.....

[attachmentid=12259]

[attachmentid=12260]

post-143-1164264608.jpg

post-143-1164264628.jpg

ToyMemories

The space ship reminds me of the Irwin Space Ship Express.

Similar, but obviously not it.....

Thank you, my friend! It was getting very quiet in this post, I could almost hear crickets chirp :)

No, not it, but that is definitely a very cool ship, Mr. Fin! Thanks for the pics!

It is even possible the mold is for an Irwin ship, but for some reason I'm really thinking Ideal...

I haven't had the slightest luck in any searches so far...

Hey, have a happy Turkey Day FJW!

ToyMemories

TM...

How big would the molded spaceship be ?

Hey Robobob,

I believe the spaceship length is AROUND 7", could be a little bigger or smaller, but not terribly much.

Also, if it helps, I think there should be 2 heads that would normally be glued in place in the cockpit.

Brian..

Let's take another look at this fascinating space toy. Any sightings in the last ten years?

spaceship.jpg

Tinplate6

Ok, I'm not a space plastic afficianado, but the dual-pilot cockpit configuration is almost an exact match to this rocket car by Plasticraft.

IMG_9671.jpg

IMG_9672.jpgspaceship.thumb.jpg.835f8e93295a210ea4eac89307cccecd.jpg

ejpetrie

This looks more like a positive than a mold.  Most molds don't display the shape of their cavities on their outer surfaces, but positive surfaces are necessary for the making of a mold's cavities.  Or it could be the mold form for a vacuform sheet, which would later have its formed pieces trimmed out after the hot plastic sheet is sucked down over this form.  (But I don't see enough holes around the ship to suggest this latter posibility.)  Brian, is your image just photo shopped out of ToyMemories first image or is it a picture of an actual product?  I wholeheartedly agree that the cockpit drivers do really resemble the Plasticraft sculpting, and this may be for a product that never saw release or even completion in the production stage.

Brian..

Yes, this is a PhotoShopped image of the mold. It gives the optical illusion that its solid.