Sign in to follow this  
Tinman

The Last Starfighter

Tinman

Well, maybe not a "vintage spaceman" but I've always liked the premise of the film and hoped they'd do a remake with a more serious tone.  Looking for info on the web I found there IS interest in the project, even by Steven Spielberg, but the person(s) holding the rights isn't interested.  Crazy right...no interest in a Steven Spielberg remake?!  There doesn't seem to be a lot of collectibles connected to the movie but I recently picked up these 1983-84 promotional pinbacks, which can be difficult to find in good condition.

Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada...

$34 (Jan 2018).JPG

Roboto

What a great movie and those pinbacks look fantastic. They even had a scale model of the Gunstar out in 2012 and quickly sold out.

984846_orig.jpg

Tinman

Thanks Roboto.  The movie is a bit dated and doesn't hold up to today's CGI but for its time was pretty cool.  I recently watched a convention video on YouTube that had some of the cast and production people; they talked about the prospects of a sequel or re-vamp of the franchise and I'm hoping they take the later path, I don't particularly want to see the son of Alex Rogan as the new Starfighter.

Roboto

That would be great to see a Re-make and it may happen just like the New Lost in Space 2018 coming out in a few months.

Andyman

I dunno. There is something about that movie that a re-make would blemish my fond memories of it.