Roboloco

Rare robot never seen before 220v 45cm tall

Roboloco

Hello Everybody!!!

I have the Robot here with me! It was harder than expected, the seller set me a trap and said he never told me that he was going to leave it @ usd 3000.... he said I was confused, so, it took me like another day to make him drop the price not to 3000 but 4000... I just wanted this guy so, to make the story short, I ended up paying 4000 but, the robot is at home with lots of other friends!!! Jajajaja....we interesting people . Ok I’ll be posting pictures of this fantastic Argentinean Robot made by YES, a Doll company, David you were right, and this company did a very small batch of this robots, only 15 were ever produced, apparently they were hand made and they realized that Plastisol dolls were more convenient. So Despite the huge amount of money spent, I m super happy and even more, I have work on my desk....let’s flow and let the hours become seconds, and fell time as relative as Einstein proposed. He was Rigth!

The condition of the robot is really good, all aluminum is in perfect condition, looks to be hand made, and very easy to polish.

I also took some pictures of the insides to show you guys the guts, very doll like, the rust is just exterior rust, that I will leave like new AS the rest of it. 

Ta, ta

Juan

5ADD696A-61E9-4502-8889-27917A79E5D9.jpeg

F8BCAA64-F5F6-49B4-AE78-3B5E4C68EB7E.jpeg

759ABFCA-5E7D-4EA1-9B1E-4F2808635814.jpeg

007291D4-B659-4B82-901F-6E89D3529317.jpeg

0EE92941-3FA5-4A1C-9A64-290213EFDA7D.jpeg

957E0C7A-3C2D-4E8C-8F1B-78EBCC13E53B.jpeg

17C23814-9C3A-4D83-931A-63F24399528F.jpeg

FDFEB697-35B9-45F3-A1D6-E608B3700E8D.jpeg

12A8D61E-F0B6-4341-B137-973317153789.jpeg

C39CBB08-7A61-4B51-90DC-A548EB1D76B6.jpeg

tinluver2

Thanks Juan. Such a great find!! Thanks for sharing. I think this treasure went to the right home. Enjoy each second!

& "Keep us posted"

Martian Gil

Kudos on getting him & thanks for sharing those photos!

What a treat to see the inner workings.  Is there a bulb in his head?  From the photos, it looked like there might be a wire sneaking up there?

congrats!

robothut

I wonder if that plug is a standard type plug from that period. Maybe other items made in a Argentinean factory would have that plug that you could locate, like a toaster or waffle iron or cloths iron.

Andyman

I would be very afraid to plug that into an AC outlet. Cool robot though!

robothut

It would not bother me a bit. Here in the USA you have to get a step up transformer to get the 240 VAC or mod a drier or Oven cable.  I have seen one of these in person and working many years ago at a privet collection. No pictures or videos just memories.

Andyman

That would be a heavy cable! Is there a control box it plugs into?

David Kirk

I was wondering if the feet are metal, or could they be painted blow-molded plastic, as the doll's feet are likely to have been. I also wonder if there might be harder plastic doll arms inside the aluminum ones, and perhaps even plastic inside the legs? It just seemed to me from when we started talking about this that from the proportions and structure, that his was a modified doll. I wonder how far that might go. Do you know the name of the manufacturer? I've been trying to locate one of their dolls but with no luck so far.

ROBODUDE
6 hours ago, robothut said:

It would not bother me a bit. Here in the USA you have to get a step up transformer to get the 240 VAC or mod a drier or Oven cable.  I have seen one of these in person and working many years ago at a privet collection. No pictures or videos just memories.

John, do you remember what actions this robot had? Moving arms and legs?? Any lights inside of one? Thanks

robothut

Moving arms and legs, I do not recall for sure if the head moved or lit but I think it did. So many years ago for this old brain to recall for sure.

Ultrarobotman

I think it is cool, creepy and weird. It seems like a pinocchio concept to me. It looks like someone tried to create a living mechanical boy, which is cool, but it looks just scary in a fascinating way. Getting it going and polished would be awesome. Even if the final version were double-insulated, imagine a child, outside, in the rain, an all-metal buddy to hug at 220, give or take. This could star in a horror movie AND make it to the database!

David Kirk

It's very clear that the arms and legs move and that it walks. Do you have a shot of the bottom of the feet? This looks to me like the coupling for the head turn, which would appear to turn back and forth at the same rate as the walk, which would be pretty fast, but simple to do.

argentine robot head turn.jpg

ROBODUDE

I would love to see him get this guy working--What a great and unique robot--Awesome !!!:thumbs: