Roboloco

Rare robot never seen before 220v 45cm tall

Roboloco

Hello every!!

I came across this beauty, I v never seen something like this before, but the owner is telling me that only 15 were made....

He claims is Italian....USA stickers are not original, just added and ugly...

Any idea? Manufacture procedence? Price ( I’m sure has to be very but very expensive, never but never seen this before, and the mechanism, how it’s built...) if any one has some info about this guy, would be highly appreciated!

thanx everybody!!!

Roboco

0AD99711-FFBA-4AFE-A6E0-BF058E03446C.jpeg

6CA8B0C0-9A83-463B-8DE8-945B694A14BA.jpeg

D266F63E-1F0C-4D33-98AE-7F3CB688CC52.jpeg

7511840B-0430-4D6A-B13F-92F275A574FC.jpeg

Fineas J. Whoopie

Interesting. Certainly has the hand made feel on the outside and a manufactured feel on the inside. I have no info or guesses about it. Thanks for posting it.

Roboto

One very unique Robot!

David Kirk

There was one at the Solondz auction. I didn't know there was more than one. I think I have seen at least one variation of it at some point, maybe it was a different head. I don't think I've seen the insides before. Who has it? And look at those tiny feet - I wonder if there's any connection with Wanda the walking doll?  The innards look rather home-made though, like the outer part.

solondz robot under.jpg

solondz robot head.jpg

solondz robot front.jpg

solondz robot back.jpg

David Kirk

I still love it. It's the one thing I really thought I wanted at that auction but it went rather high as I recall. The older I get the less disappointed I am about what I didn't manage to get.

001 moon man

It's got a great character would like to know more about it 👍

Sparkrobot

Looks to me like it was aimed more at the Knights in Armour market than the toy robot collector. A brilliant thing all the same. Italian maybe

Japanese ? 

There has to be documentation somewhere.

Morbius

To me it looks like someone might have built the tin body (maybe a few of them) over those doll innards as they do look like doll feet.

Sparkrobot

I'm only posting this pic for comparison.

Maybe someone scratch built a robot around the guts of this robot ?

maxresdefault.jpg

David Kirk

It's much bigger than that knight.

David Kirk

I've got a Wanda in that approximate size and the innards don't match. The shoes are similar, but not identical. I wish I had a picture of the bottom of the robot's feet, but I didn't think to take one. Anybody got one? The other thing about Wanda is I've seen pictures of an ad for an electrical version, but I've never seen the doll. Maybe the innards would match on that one.

Sparkrobot

It's not built around a Mr Atom or doll by the Advance Doll & Toy company we discuss quite a bit is it.

Sorry David. I didn't realize you had already made the.comparison.

David Kirk

The whole thing looks to be sort of an in-between. If they could hand fabricate a small number of those bodies there's no reason to think they couldn't have made the insides too. Still, presumably they at least got the gears and motor from somewhere. Even if it's not Wanda related, I wonder if there might be another doll as at least part of it. On the other hand, even the insides look kind of soft and hand-made. I wish I had one to look at!

Roboloco

Thanks people for the posts! Why this old guy told me is that the bot is from Italy and only 15 were ever made, it is tall like a Mr atom from ADC but the insides are different. It is a weird piece. Anyone know a price to pay for it? 

David, you remember the price it went for back then at the Solondtz auction? 

David Kirk

No, I don't remember - in the thousands, and more thousands than I wanted to spend. I'm sure somebody here has the list from that auction. It might even be on Morpyauctions.com, somewhere. The auction was in November 2009. What is he asking for it?