SERIOUSBOB

Rare Italian spaceman flats

SERIOUSBOB

These little jewels just showed up yesterday. I'm told they're from the 50's chocolate candy packages.IMG_5874.jpgIMG_5875.jpg

IMG_5876.jpg

IMG_5878.jpg

IMG_5877.jpg

ervino

Hi Bob!

You beated me this time: I got a bunch of them too and was about to post... :thumbs:

FWIK, they should be from what here in Italy were called "Sorpresine" or "Buste Sorpresa" in the '50. They were relatively cheap (10 liras in the '50, so more or less 1 buck in todaly $/€) envelopes that contained candies and toy figures of various kind, from SF to Wild West. The figures should be Bakelite or some similar early plastic type.

IMO conceptually they could be equated to the '60/'70 Spanish Montaplex Sobre envelopes, or to the modern Japanese boxed "candies & item" collections from Konami, Takara, etc.

This below could be the envelope of the figure series you posted...

Cheers

Ervino

sdgtgsrhg.JPG

SERIOUSBOB

I didn't know these existed until 2 weeks ago. I guess they'll start showing up all over E-Bay any minute now. None the less a great addition.

ervino

I'm not so sure: I suppose we got them form the same ebay seller, and I think she exhausted the supply, at least for now... :diggin::biggrin:

Anyway, I lack the 3 plane-like ones and the blue flyng saucer: do you have any double of them to tradee? I have double a variation of the green moon-face figure that you seems to lack... :cheers:  

Tomorrow I'll post some images of my pieces.

E. 

SERIOUSBOB

I got mine from a friend who I regularly trade with. Frankly I've been so busy @ work I haven't had time since July to even look @ E-bay, so I'm sure I've missed a lot.

The only ones I have are the ones here otherwise I would trade, a total of 20. I just took an extra photo close-up of the 4 Martians to show they have a bit of detail, although not much.

ervino

Here are mine. The two bottom rows are the ones I have double and I could possibly trade. The second image is of a buch of others stuff form the same '50 Italian "sorpresine" envelopes. Non strictly SF stuff, but they could maybe pass for aliens plants or whatever...  :scratchhead:  :biggrin:    

Sorpr_space1.jpg

alien_flowers.jpg

SERIOUSBOB

Very Cool, thanks. Great to see something unexpected like this show up after you think you've seen them all.

ervino
46 minutes ago, SERIOUSBOB said:

Very Cool, thanks. Great to see something unexpected like this show up after you think you've seen them all.

Agreed! :thumbs:  

Makes one wonder what other tesaures are waiting to be discovered... :diggin:   :biggrin:

Tinman

So how could I go about getting some of these?  Any active auctions?

Andyman

Those are awesome.

ervino
14 hours ago, Tinman said:

So how could I go about getting some of these?  Any active auctions?

Hi Bill!

I was to send you a PM, but... is it I that am stoned, or the new version of AD doesn't have PMs anymore??? :eeek:

Tinman

I tried using the message feature but it wouldn't go out...for whatever reason.

ervino
18 hours ago, Tinman said:

I tried using the message feature but it wouldn't go out...for whatever reason.

Ehr, were did you find the PM function in the new layout of AD??? :scratchhead:

Tinman

Top-right of the screen...eslected "new message" and typed your name in the "To" field...

Capture.JPG

ervino

Funny: I DON'T HAVE this icon! :scratchhead: