DantheMan

Best Spacemen

DantheMan

Here are some photos of my recent purchase of Best spacemen.  The rocket launcher is missing from the figure that holds it, but I understand this is rather common.  I hope these are original but unsure.  :thumbs:I recently joined and love this site.  I must admit I have been using this site for research for about a year.

DSCN2939.JPG

DSCN2940.JPG

Tinman

Unfortunately I believe these to be Mexican re-pops; I don't believe Best molded these in metallic colors.  Did you possibly get them from the same seller mentioned in the below thread?

DantheMan

Hey Tinman, 

No its a different seller, but they may have supplied numerous sellers/vendors with these figures.  :blub:

Tinman

Yeah, the guy in the previous thread had a bunch of them; said he got them at a San Diego flea market if I recall.  He became a little irritated when I suggested they were made in Mexico.  All of the spacemen he had holding the rocket launcher were missing the launcher, probably because they didn't have the molds to produce them.

DantheMan

Yes, I agree.  I did notice the silver color Best spaceman is shown in the database on this site.  Not sure what that means, but I assume it indicates some Best spacemen may/were cast in silver.  or not?? 

Brian..

I've not seen proof that Best ever produced silver versions. They don't appear on those carded sets, or at least they haven't so far! This set with the missing bazooka is indeed a Mexican re-issue.

There's a great article by EJPetrie that casts light on the subject. I included that silver version in the database to show the pose with the shield.

DantheMan

Oh, that explains it.  Paying $7.50 per figure means I was ripped off by the seller.  Oh well.:blub: