Racerxc70

Clarification please: Ray Gun with Sparks

10 posts in this topic

In the database it says that this ray gun has a distinctive blue and red cylinder that rotates when the trigger is pulled, is this correct?

Thanks

IMG_7401.JPG

A bloke in the pub told me. :lecture: It's probably a misinterpreatation of that muzzle structure.

Sounds like you have one that doesn't move. The great advantage of the database is the fact that I can make changes and no one will know.

I asked about it because Toy Tent has one on eBay 

Thanks

Buyer beware.

Thanks Tinplate  

I had my suspicions, I believe the guns cylinder IS supposed to rotate on the original model but not the reproduction 

Today I received a message from the owner and he is sure that the toy is working as it it intended to and I believe him. Thank for all your help dromers 

I'm not aware of any reproductions. At least not a factory run. What exactly did toytent say was the action on this gun? I always just assumed the disc shape at the end of the barrel was a siren type mechanism that spins inside. The box should say what the action is.

From Gilbert:

There has been no reproduction but there are two different versions

On my example the cylinder is fixed to barrel, there is a metal band on upper part, and windows on side of the barrel for sparks. It makes a siren noise and i suppose there should be sparks but I won’t open it to change the flint.

in my database there is another version, no band, but blue circles near tabs, no windows on barrel side and an axle that goes out in the middle of the cylinder

There was one in the Smithhouse auction 75 Rosen part 2 number 18 but there was no mention of function. The trigger slipped and there were, no sparks. The box just says friction with sparks

I don’t know which one is first.

top_gun1.jpgtop_gun2.jpggun-side.jpggun-up.jpgtop_gun3.jpg

18b.jpg

$(KGrHqQOKjYE6kTvZe0-BO)Vmf8cJQ~~60_3.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!hIE6Zoed2SZBO)VnO!45!~~60_3.jpg18a.jpg

18c.jpg

18d.jpg

DSC08547.jpg

DSC08549.jpg

Thanks for that, Gilbert. The axle version suggests that something turns inside that cylinder, but how did it generate a spark? It's relatively complicated so the version with side windows may have been a later simplification to ensure that sparks were visible. What do you think?

I've been aware of this gun for like 15 years and this is the first time I've seen the barrel end head on. Thanks for the post.