Brian..

HEUDEBERT Lido Spacemen

7 posts in this topic

I can across a solitary little spaceman, a reduced size version of a familiar Lido alien marked HEUDEBERT. I'd never seen or heard of it but a quick trawl of the net revealed a whole new range of French figures. Heudebert produced biscuits, and these were premiums released by them. Here are the spacemen (lifted entirely from mokarex.com , but they've lifted info from this site).  The last sentence establishes the Heudebert is a late arrival to the premium market.

"This series, which appeared very limited at the beginning, has become much larger.

Originally, these figurines are American, it is the brand of toys Lido that produced them in 1952. These characters are from a television series "Captain Video" of 1951 and a comic book of the same name.

In 1953, it is the Raisin Bran cereals that offer 12 different colors except walleye and silver.

Subsequently, the models, but also the Lido vehicles, will cross the Atlantic for distribution in Spain and France. But Captain Video is totally unknown in Europe, that is why Spain will release them under the name "The patrol of Saturn" via the brand Reama plasticos and France will propose them as "Martians against Terriens" via Cheese La Tour , Le Hommeel and Le Basilique (see the blotter).

They are also found in Argentina under the Trovador brand. Apart from the latter country (subject to discovering others), the figurines are made of hard plastic. Most are at 45mm but there are smaller ones.

Regarding Heudebert, this is certainly a later issue, because we find some figures, such as the reference H-7. They are engraved Heudebert under the pedestals. Be careful though, these models may be German Heudeberts.  For the moment nothing indicates that the characters coming from the Camemberts have a base or not."

heudebert.jpg

And here's an advert for a range of Lido Martiens and Terriers (Martians and Earthmen) given away in a range of food products. I have a carded set of similar French Lido-based figures from the 1950s.

mrt.jpg

Nice Brian, I really like the odd-ball look of some of the figures in the top row...which one did you find?

Love 'em!

Here's one I got about 3 years ago in an e-bay auction w/ other figures

IMG_5112.JPG

Cool...I want it.

I have a lot of the Lido figures. The large  color ones have bases and the smaller color  ones have no base. Notice that the bronze set has some slightly different figures. Even the smaller color figures have some variances over the large color ones.