ALPHADROME ROBOTS AND SPACE TOYS
ervino

Showcases for Spacemen figures: IKEA Ribba frames

ervino

Hi all!

Here in Italy Ikea is having a mega-sale (at 4.99 euros each, normal cost 9.99 euros) of its Ribba 25x25 cm (23x23 cm of inside space) black or white photo frames: http://www.ikea.com/it/it/catalog/products/00078051/#/20078050

The frame (and its sibling of 50x50 cm, 14.99 euros) have an inside depth of about one inch between its glass and the back, so, IMO, it is fantastic as a showcase for complete series of figures, considering that it will easily host a dozen of 1/32 scale spacemen (and a lot more of smaller scale ones).

The figures could be "hanged" with some kind of hook, or one can add some inside shelfing.

Here are a couple of images: one of the 25x25 frame iteself and one of the frame used as showcase for Lego Minifigures...

Cheers

Ervino

ribba-frame-black__0216353_PE294873_S4.JPG

ribba lego21860361966_4d6eba205a_b.jpg

Tinman

Have you tried this yet Ervino?  I think I'm going to get to Ikea this weekend and give it a go; it may be neat to mount some sort of standoffs and attach the spacemen (or other items) with a small amount of Fun-Tak.

ervino

Hi Bill

Unfortunately not yet... :wacko:  

I bought a dozen of them in black, but (time to do it beside) I haven't yet thought at a satisfing way to show the figures.

For now the idea I like best is to print a background with the manufacturer logo in the center, and fix the figures around.

But the solution of putting some inside shelves, in black or transparent plastic, in the frames has IMO its pro too, namely a better use of the available "floorshow"...

Cheers

Ervino