Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fineas J. Whoopie

Rare Plastic Space Ship Tudor Rose?

9 posts in this topic

Yes, I watched this with interest and was the underbidder (sadly). Never seen it, though it's clearly intended to be a space boat. Tudor Rose is a guess.  It could be a Kleeware piece. It wouldn't go very fast with hulls at that angle.

Not being a plastic space toy collector, I am amazed at the price this toy achieved. :scratchhead:

Rarity + Desirability = $    Nice Toy

It has recognizable design and style elements but I have not been able to find a pic of another example. That's always exciting.

Dunno kiddies, but from what I can see of this design, I'd venture to say it is a rocket boat, not a spaceship. The underside clearly shows a flat bottom with a keel. IMHO this is a speed boat, of some sort.

Yes, as Brian also pointed out it's more of a boat than a space ship. But I'll bet my bottom dollar that the winner is going to display it with a collection of space ships. I'd be surprised if a plastic boat collector spent that kind of money. One good point is that perhaps that's why I couldn't find a picture of another example on the internet. Maybe it's to be found under space boat. Brian - go ahead and change the title of the thread if you want.

oops...I didn't see this thread and posted something similar under the space plastic category; you can make it go away Brian.

The toy has contours taken from Pyro's X-200 and has the general outline of the X-400...still, a boat IMO.