Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morbius

Yellow Ocean Robot

24 posts in this topic

Thank you Ranger!  S#+ this thing is elusive.  All fun in the hunt ain't it? :breakit::cheers::breakit: Will it still be fun a year from now?  :wacko:

Oh yes. Damn that green dome. One day morbius!!

It won't be long now mike.....🤔

Still looking for these combinations.  Thanks!

ocean1.jpg

Red Robot Yellow Feet.jpg

Durham Star Robot Orange.jpg

I'll say this about you, Mike, your sure are a focused collector...good luck, I hope you find it!

Thanks Brady, there are only a few, very few items I'm after and they WILL be on the shelf eventually.  All these are very small and not-too-pricey things too.:thumbs:All three have been on my shelves before, I guess I have a similar gene to our HUNTER friend, hunt 'em down again.

Brady, when I started out collecting about 40+ years ago, there was no focus.  Anything spacey or robotish joined the shelves, China or Japan vintage, vinyl tin or plastic it didn't matter.   Over the years I've focused much more on particular items many of which I've picked up at Botstock each year, if I brought it home it was generally on my list more times than not.  

At this point these small inexpensive pieces I'm searching for are at the further end of the scale than I'm accustomed to, fun to search for again as I originally gave 'em away to kids when they visited as I thought hey, they're common and current who cares.  The friction Robot by Ocean was available in Europe last year, a dozen of 'em in the trade box for $25 asking price but I wasn't able to communicate with the seller as they were on Ricardo...a site similar to our Kijiji basically drop by and pick up in person...and even after a month of giving them my info and joining the 'club' I still wasn't allowed to message anyone so that was it!  This pic is c.1980.

Old robot shelves1.jpg