Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morbius

Yellow Ocean Robot

20 posts in this topic

Looking for the small 'Ocean' friction robot (my avatar), yellow with red arms and orange dome.  Thanks!

Also looking for 'Star Robot' I believe he's called in this colour combo orange with red feet, yellow arms.  Thanks!

orange robot.jpg

Looking for this minor 1970s friction robot, 'Little Robot' (Ocean company)  in loose minty condition.  

Thanks!

Little robot1.jpg

Followed a Swiss auction this past week, they had a boxful of these robots for nearly free and they didn't get a bid.  There was NO way to contact them until you become a member of their selling site 'Richard'...after giving loads of personal info and an entire week goes by, they give me passwords that don't work over and over again.  Sheesh!  @@  Well, it was an adventure tryin' anyway.  I guess they don't want their stuff leaving their country.  

UPDATE:  They've re-posted this item. I've logged in using a password they give me and still I can't get in, over and over again and can't ask a question until I sign in, don't know if it's an auction or not and what currency they're stating, seems pretty hopeless but I'll keep trying.  Could a European member here enlighten me about this place, if you can't contact them then why are they posting?

https://www.fr.ricardo.ch/acheter/antiquites-et-arts/jouets-anciens/autres-jouets-anciens/little-robot-friction-powered/v/an836827376/

Anyway, still lookin'!  Thanks.

OK, I finally got in after about 40 different e-mailed passwords over 2 weeks.  THEN they ask for a sign-in code.  WHAT? I was at least able to ask a question so I do.  Response to that question? "You are not allowed to ask a seller questions please contact head office."  I did that, we'll see what happens.  I especially like the 'delivery--suggested', I should hope so as after purchasing something of course I'd rather it be delivered.  I guess the Swiss are the champions for security, they've proven themselves here for sure. :wacko:

That little robot is proving hard to add to the shelves, and not for the lack of trying. It will come when it's ready!

Cheers.

It's the hunt that's fun Ranger, all in fun.  I'm reaching for a dangling $5 item they're right there for robots' sakes, throw me one dammit.:frustrate:Brian knows how I can get nuts for a small cheapo piece, I guess I'm similar to a top-end collector and great friend (:eeek:we all know who just wouldn't give it up for anything but his quests were for stuff worth the price of a car not a pack of gum.:breakit:

Here's the latest:  Ah yes, this explains EVERYTHING!  Except how to get the elusive activation code.  'No soup for you'.

They have recently at Switzerland's largest online marketplace ricardo.ch logged. 7 days ago, we have you by post personal activation code sent, so you unlimited on ricardo.ch can buy and sell their own products.

Here you have your activation code so far not yet been entered. Get the best equal the hereafter.

If you have not received your activation code by mail, please contact our customer service . Gladly we will send you a new activation code.

Explore the many exciting offers on ricardo.ch . We look forward to you!

Yours sincerely, ricardo.ch exactly my thing! 

Ha, too true!

The hunt goes on.....

OK, I give you up....  

Latest e-mail sent to me...yeh, this clears up EVERYTHING!:wacko:

They have recently at Switzerland's largest online marketplace ricardo.ch logged. 7 days ago, we have you by post personal activation code sent, so you unlimited on ricardo.ch can buy and sell their own products.

Here you have your activation code so far not yet been entered. Get the best equal the hereafter.

If you have not received your activation code by mail, please contact our customer service . Gladly we will send you a new activation code.

Explore the many exciting offers on ricardo.ch . We look forward to you!

Yours sincerely, ricardo.ch exactly my thing! 

I guess it has something to do with the 'hereafter', THAT'S when all this will come to fruition.:frustrate:I certainly wouldn't want to try to pay these people especially involving my bank to send a wire transfer...and to WHO?    :pigsfly:

Forbidden Planet-Dr-Morbius-loses-it.jpg

This one is on now if still need it Morbius   322283981764

Thanks very much for the link tinluver2, much appreciated.  I'm only interested in the one colour combo, yellow with red arms and orange dome.This is the one I had in the '70s as a collectible and is my goal.

Thanks again for the link.:thumbs:

Anyone have one of these in minty shape hangin' about in this colour combo that they just have to get rid of?  

Thanks!!:thumbs:

yellow.jpg

Crikey, this guy still not on your shelves yet then Morbius, I will have a look around again for you.

Regards,Ranger.

:diggin:  Silly cheap little $7 thing and still not on the shelf.  Every other rare expensive 'bot is out there for the taking but not this.  Lofty goal it is (as Yoda would say).

Thanks Ranger appreciate it, maybe your side of the pond has 'em as being in Canada we generally had similar oddball stuff that England received and the U.S. didn't see. Many of these minor pieces I bought in Canada when new seem to have different colour schemes than the U.S. stocked. 

"Ranger, not the big robot in the window...the tiny one...(smart collector...very smart). Find it for me in 20 days and I'll give you an extra 1/2 Crown."   HEee Heee Heee.

a-christmas-carol-1951-window-4.jpg

I am still looking!!