ALPHADROME ROBOTS AND SPACE TOYS
Phil R

MAKING SPACEMEN HELMETS

Phil R

I recently acquired this 6" Captain Radar walker and decided to make a helmet for him. They're usually a clear domed helmet similar to the Archer figures but require a 1" diameter. I bought a  yellow wand bubble maker toy that had a long tube with a rounded end. I thought the yellow would add some flair to the figure. The rigid plastic  wand tubes come in yellow, red, blue and green and are only a dollar at Wallmart. I cut it down, contoured the sides to fit the neck with a dremel and polished out the top references to China, etc on the top of the plastic tube with wet/dry sandpaper and Novis polish. There are all kind of helmet style caps on different containers in the stores. Some can be used without any work or just contouring the sides for neck fit.

P5040003-001.JPG

P5040004-001.JPG

SERIOUSBOB

There will now be a serious 'run' @ Walmart on these items forcing the company to stock huge quantities @ every store.

treads

Just getting back to collecting and following this great site.  Wonderful job on the helmet super creative.

Electric Robot and Son

Nice job Phil. Robot and space toy parts are everywhere!

DantheMan

Excellent idea.  Now I think I will give it a try on some of my Archer spacemen!!:thumbs: