ervino

Remco Astronauts...

7 posts in this topic

Hi All!

I'm searching for some info on the REMCO astronatus figures as the ones in the attched image. Has anyone idea if these are the only two existing poses, or if there are other ones?

TIA! :-)

Cheers

Ervino

$_57.JPG

I've only seen these two poses. There are numbers on the bases which go up to 3, suggesting three figures, but this is not straightforward. Did they come in a set? How were they sold?

Hi Brian!

I bough mine "loose" on ebay, I have only these two poses, and never found any image of other poses on the Net. Dunno if originally they were sold individually and/or in some sort of set.

Another little mistery, even if maybe not so interesting as the one about the small "CoMa-like" figures you posted... :-)

Cheers

Ervino

Ervino...it's interesting that although they should be from the same set, the sculpts are different; note how the oxygen line mates up with the helmet in the figure on the left, as opposed to the one on the right. The line expands to twice the width, and the face mask is more wedge-shaped than oval.

post-656-0-39112400-1428527282_thumb.jpg

It seems that these two are the only poses Remco produced: here are a couple of images I found of the set they come with...

Remco 1.JPG

remco 2.JPG

Remco 3.JPG

Never seen these but as a collecting rule I stay clear of astronauts in my collection...they gotta be pre-NASA for my liking.

Well, I'm more "broad-spectrum" in my collecting: I like more modern stuff too. In this case IMO the set itself is truly awful, but the astronaut figures are nice and original enuogh...