ALPHADROME ROBOTS AND SPACE TOYS
Sign in to follow this  
Tinman

Big Max - Russian Como

Tinman

Was anyone else watching this; it's got a neat look but I wasn't expecting the price it bought?

post-329-0-16595800-1420340869_thumb.jpg

‚Äč
robothut

It does have a nice look ! so what did the custom robot fetch $ ?

robothut

Yes about $100 bucks I would think, 50 or less for a Big Max missing parts and 50 or less for a beat up bot missing or has a broken body. Those russian bots were less than 10 bucks back when they first surfaced, I should have bought more of them back then .

plasticaugie

Where are my royalties?

I have made about three of these for friends years ago, Perry has one.

post-191-0-85271700-1420576807_thumb.jpg

robothut

Can you tell if the auction one was one of yours? Good job either way, its a great looking robot.

plasticaugie

I had tried to hide the parts of the legs and steel that the Russian robot kept hidden. The lower body rectangle had to go, being so small it would require to much work to keep. I have not gotten around to building a plastic skirt to cover it.

The auction robot is way better than I thought that would have turned out, I should have tried that. :biggrin:

robothut

I may have to keep an eye out for the junk parts to build a battery operation version so the dome light can flash.

martijn

Hi plasticaugie, i was very impressed by your creation years ago, never forgot the concept.

I am not around alphadrome much these days, on face book when this robot of mine was posted all credits went to you!:) ofcourse:)

Brilliant idea!

I'll never forget your flower bot either, sp maybe one more pops up on internet:)

plasticaugie

Hi plasticaugie, i was very impressed by your creation years ago, never forgot the concept.

I am not around alphadrome much these days, on face book when this robot of mine was posted all credits went to you!:) ofcourse:)

Brilliant idea!

I'll never forget your flower bot either, sp maybe one more pops up on internet:)

Thanks Martijn, those were the days. I may have some projects in the near future.

That robot is old, older than the wkw Dynamo I did from this thread

9tobor9

The title of this topic bugs me, are we supposed to listen to an old vynil of PERRY COMBO while watching this ???