Blechroboter

Atlantic Galaxy Serie

Tinman

I picked this up at auction tonight and have never seen it before; at the very least its an instant collection!  Any thoughts about removing the figures from their cardboard bondage for the first time?

$129 (Oct 2016)(1).jpg

$129 (Oct 2016)(3).jpg

$129 (Oct 2016)(4).jpg

Tinplate6

Bill, yes, I've seen these sets, nice pick up. As far as removing the figures; it is just the figures in their standard boxes, it should be no big deal, as long as you are careful.

Tinman

Yeah, I'm certainly going to remove them from their boxes.  What do you suppose is up with Humbot on the box art...his mid-section is missing, or maybe his upper body is floating; don't remember seeing that before?

Tinplate6

Ha! Yeah, it's an odd character; Humbot has a jet pack on his back, and can separate at the mid-section, so the upper body can fly free of the lower half. Why? I have no idea, Atlantic just wrote the back story that way. In most of the vehicles only Humbot's upper half is there to pilot the craft, although I'm sure that was more a matter of saving space/scale on the vehicle, rather than following the story line.

Tinman

Interesting, thanks Brady.  I was glad to get the set and thought it would go for a bit more; I'll have to keep my eyes open for some of the other characters.

ervino

Hi Bill!

Good catch! :thumbs:    

So now you don't need anymore the SkyMan gun I forgot to send to you, right?:blush: :biggrin:    

Here is again the address of a very complete site (in Italian) on all the Atlantic "space" stuff lines: http://www.atlanticgalaxy.com/

Unfortunately I fear that the "For Sale" section don't work anymore: the guy that manage the site keeps it open only for its "historical" value.

If you want to expand your collection, beside eBay, some of the A. space stuff comes out frequently enough (with very variable prices!) on Italian toy sale sites: here is an example - http://www.giocattolivecchi.com/mercatino_lista.aspx?cerca=atlantic

Cheers

Ervino

ervino

Hi Bill,

the "Legionari Spaziali" & "Mostri Spaziali" ( http://www.atlanticgalaxy.com/spaziali.htm ) line is composed by two aprox. 1/32 8-figures sets: one of gray power-armored spacemen and one of green aliens. The "double-face" box is the same for both the sets: it was sold with a sticker on the side of the included figures. A typical cost-saving choice of the Atlantic latter days. Prices nowdays are not too high: normally they go around 35$ for a single box with the figures still on the sprue, or around 25$ for a complete loose set. Mostri o Legionari have the same prices. They come out a couple of times each year on ebay.it

I should have a complete double loose "Mostri Spaziali" set: I will try to locate it. In the mean time here are an image of the figures in their "game box" version (Battaglia Spaziale - with rules similar to that of Checkers) and two of the original pre-production scketches, thanks, as ever, to the friends of Viaggio nell'Atlantic

BTW: the ad you linked is for a "wanted", so the prices offered are, obviously, on the cheap side... :biggrin:

pic2900596.jpg

pic2917345.jpg

pic2917346.jpg

Tinman

Thanks Ervino; let me know if you have any extras, I'd love to add both sets (spacemen and aliens) to my Italian collection...do these date to the 80's?

Tinman

Well thanks to Ervino pointing me in the direction of these Atlantic sets I managed to purchase one of each from an auction out of Germany; they seemed a little pricey but his expertise told me it was a fair amount or both sets on the sprue (not that they'll stay that way).  I'm hoping to have them prior to our get-together at Tinplate's at the end of the month for show-and-tell!

A2.jpg

A1.jpg

ervino

Another nice site on the Atlantic Galaxy stuff: http://www.nijirain.com/toys GALAXY SERIE nijirain.htm

The content is almost the same of the atlanticgalaxy.com, but organized in a single page. Interesting are the comic strips with the background history of the A.G. characters (bottom right), in 4 languages.

Tinman

Just wanted to add a few Atlantic Galaxy Serie advertisements:

s-l1600bb.jpg

s-l1600cc.jpg

s-l1600dd.jpg

s-l1600aa.jpg