Blechroboter

Atlantic Galaxy Serie

Tinplate6

Ervino, I have seen blister carded versions of the Galaxie figures, but I'm not sure if that was the last gasp for Atlantic, or their adopted parent company.

ervino

Ervino, I have seen blister carded versions of the Galaxie figures, but I'm not sure if that was the last gasp for Atlantic, or their adopted parent company.

Hi Brady!

The last production of the Atlantic Galaxy (late '80) was made of blistered and unbranded "newstand-gift" packaged figures under the line-brand "futurama". Moreover, in the same years the Galaxy series was exported in others European countries with different names: Galaxia in Spain (http://www.atlanticgalaxy.com/galaxia.htm),  and in France/Germany with the name Universe Voyagers (http://www.atlanticgalaxy.com/universe.htm). see some images attached.

But, AFAIK, these stuff were all prduced in Italy by the same Treviglio factory until the end.

The new info I was given (to be verified, absolutely!) is the after the closure of all the Atlantic branded, unbreanded and licensed Galaxy stuff production here in Europe, the whole series of Galaxy molds was sold to a SA company (I don't know anything about the boxes design printing kits), so I'm curious to know if anybody of you ever encountered a Galaxy figures clone that that could be tracked back to SA, more or less as the Alpia clone that Bob showed us in the Alpia/CoMa thread...

Cheers

Ervino

galaxia humbot1.jpg

universe retro.jpg

universe andromeda.jpg

Futurama06_F.jpg

Tinman

There's a bunch of these up for auction out of France but the guy is asking high prices and the shipping is stupid-high.

ervino

There's a bunch of these up for auction out of France but the guy is asking high prices and the shipping is stupid-high.

Beside the shipping EU/USA/EU that are nowday a pure highway robbery (and you have to add almost every time the Custom costs...) If I can give you my advice don't buy from luluberlu: their prices are insanely high (at least 2 times the "normal" quotations for the Galaxy stuff here in Italy) and, personally, I had a bad experience with them.

Some time ago I bought from them a CoMa 1" Selenita that came out to be of soft plastic, not hard, and so an HK copy and not an original CoMa.

When I asked them to explain why they sold a copy as an original, their response was "We are not expert in toy soldiers, so we cannot guarantee the origin of the pieces we sell".

But they sold and still sell toys soldiers... :dirtdog:

Cheers

Ervino

Alessandro

Why so many people are interested in these abominations is beyond me... :ohmy:

ervino

"Ogni scarrafone è bello a mamma sua!" :pfft::biggrin:

Tinman

Of all the figures I'd like a SkyMan...but in a good color combination; they are a bit ugly but I think it's part of their charm.

ervino

Of all the figures I'd like a SkyMan...but in a good color combination; they are a bit ugly but I think it's part of their charm.

Well, of course: beside any absolutely well-intentioned & friendly teasing to some fellow 'dromers, it's all a matter of tastes, nothing more.

For me really ugly is mainly a badly realized design: e.g. the CoMa vheicles form the kit in this thread: http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/topic/18424-operation-de-lespace-co-ma-spacemen/

Tinplate6

No no, gentlemen, the Atlantic Galaxy figures are not ugly...they have "character" !  Remember, these were intended as playable model kits, designed to be painted. I'm sure in the right hands, full-color painted versions would be stunning!

ervino

No no, gentlemen, the Atlantic Galaxy figures are not ugly...they have "character" !  Remember, these were intended as playable model kits, designed to be painted. I'm sure in the right hands, full-color painted versions would be stunning!

"Character" is the right word indeed, Brady! :thumbs:

For example, here is a rare "exploded" blueprint of Sloggy (courtesy of https://viaggionellatlantic.wordpress.com) and a photo of Giulio Andreotti, the famous (or notorius, if you prefer... :-) Italian politician.

Legends say that any resemblance is purely... intentional! :biggrin:

Cheers

Ervino

Sloggy - uomo lumaca.jpg

Andreotti.jpg

Tinplate6

Ha!  Immortalized as a snail...I suppose it could've been worse. :biggrin:

ervino

Ha!  Immortalized as a snail...I suppose it could've been worse. :biggrin:

Well, considered who came after him... Berlusconi, Monti & Renzi... now WE are worse!!!

:frustrate:  :biggrin:

ervino

I added another piece to my Atlantic Galaxy series collection: the somewhat elusive Cygnus vehicle. It is in really really good conditions, and with its original box in nice conditions too! :thumbs:

Below the photo is a preparatory sketch of the vehicle, that differ enough from the final product (thanks as always to the friends of the "Viaggio Nell'Atlatic" site: https://viaggionellatlantic.wordpress.com/aggiornamenti/#jp-carousel-504 )

E.

AGS_C1.jpg

cygnus.jpg

Tinplate6

Very nice, Ervino, I've been meaning to add this, and the Skorpion vehicle to my collection, but the cost is prohibitive. Congratulations!

ervino
37 minutes ago, Tinplate6 said:

Very nice, Ervino, I've been meaning to add this, and the Skorpion vehicle to my collection, but the cost is prohibitive. Congratulations!

Hi Brady!

Thanks: I got lucky with the Cygnus, both for the conditions and the price. For the Skorpion... the price I'have been asked stings!!! :eeek: :biggrin: