10 replies to this topic

#1 Klaatu Barada Nikto

Klaatu Barada Nikto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Hi Fellow Robot Enthusiasts,

I haven't posted for awhile but now I finally have something new to talk about. I just purchased a very rare Nomura Robins Egg Blue Pug Robot. It was a risky purchase for me because the seller's pictures of the robot looked silver, not robins egg blue. In fact, the seller said the robot was silver, not blue silver and certainly not robins egg blue silver. But he may have not known of the rare blue since he was selling the robot for someone else and they were selling the pug for only the less rare silver pug price. Hmm, maybe worth purchasing despite the apparent disparity in color? Lastly, the seller wanted to sell the robot to me directly without the benefit of buyers protection like what Ebay provides so I was a little worried that this might not be legitimate. Well, to make a long story short, I chanced the purchase because although the robot looked silver (wrong color) in the seller's pictures it had horizontal antenna (correct for blue pug) and a D-cell battery controller (correct for blue pug). E.
At the end, everthing turned out fine thanks to the seller from Germany who was honest. Here are pictures to show you how this blue pug differs from a silver pug. You may notice that the battery wires attach to the bottom of the body differently between the two versions as well. I really love the blue color and I never thought I would come across this robot in person but I kept an eye out for it nevertheless.

Hey, I wanted to let you know that I appreciate all your postings on this board. Please keep on posting!

All The Best!
Klatuu Barada Nikto

Attached Images

• Pug3.jpg
  • Pug2.jpg
  • Pug1.jpg

Edited by Klaatu Barada Nikto, 19 August 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#2 Roboto

Roboto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Excellent find of this rare version. Love that blue color Pug. :thumbs:
My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain IBM Domo arigato Mr. Roboto

#3 dratomic

dratomic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:21 AM

Wow! One of my all-time favorite robots. Congratulations!

Brian
Click to read my vintage space toy blog. It's fun!
newlogoSMALL.jpg

#4 steve

steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

Good eye and a nice pick-up!!
Steven

#5 Klaatu Barada Nikto

Klaatu Barada Nikto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Thank you Steve, Roboto and Dratomic for your comments. I am really digging the light metallic blue color of the robot and am lucky to have come across this one for sale.

I read the previous alphadrome articles on this robot and it appears this robot is fairly rare. By chance, is there anyone else besides Robohunter and myself who have this robot? Chime in if you can or if you know of someone else who has this particular robot.

Best Regards,
KBN

#6 steve

steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

Paul Lipps had one that sold in auction.
Steven

#7 Electric Robot and Son

Electric Robot and Son

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

Nie pickup!! Your risk was rewarded.
ER&S

Joe Markee

#8 dratomic

dratomic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

I know of a couple other examples floating around... But even so, yeah, it's a crazy rare toy.

Brian
Click to read my vintage space toy blog. It's fun!
newlogoSMALL.jpg