4 replies to this topic

#1 Zeitreisender

Zeitreisender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hi All,

Have you ever seen this one? I got it recently and it's not marked except with a Patent Number on the underside. Looks like something originally attached to the one side. The fins look similar to Gilmark, etc. Perhaps this is Reliable from Canada? Thought somebody here might know.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

By way of introduction, I've been collecting space toys since 1953, and am a collector of German mechanical toys, and have always tried to find the rare German space toys in Europe/U.K. since the 1970's. I will post some photos from my collection eventually. I don't, however, collect Japanese space toys usually as a rule, as I try to keep it to U.S. and German manufacture to narrow down my focus. I'm working on a book about German space toys and the German space program dating back to the 1930's to about 1969.

Regards,
Dale

#2 Tinman

Tinman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Hi Dale and welcome to the group! I believe one of these recently sold on ebay, unfortunately I didn't archive the pics or record the information. It is quite unusual, a very bizarre design to say the least. Would love to see pics of your collection
Bill P.

#3 ANZinSpace

ANZinSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

I don't know about the maker of the spaceship but the spacemen appear to be the ones discussed in this thread - Spaceman keychain and in particular this guy.

Posted Image

#4 Zeitreisender

Zeitreisender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hello and thanks for the welcome,

Actually the Aliens are quite different and have a peg on the feet to fit into the holes in the bottom of the command bridge.
Posted Image

I will be posting more photos of rare space toys from my collection soon and am looking forward to any additional information I can find out about them to include in my upcoming book.

Thanks,
Dale

#5 Tinplate6

Tinplate6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Zeit...welcome to the 'Drome! :biggrin: I think your ship is a stunner, I like the "banjo" shape, it's quite unique. By the look of the dome it may have flown a bit too close to the sun...however, I wouldn't mind owning one of these. :wub: Thanks for sharing.