Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wooden Robot Kit

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just picked this up at one of those craft shops my wife loves. The box is lovely, though the kit bears little resemblance to that illustration.

In fact, the company's advertising is disgracefully deceptive. They picture a tin Lilliput as if it's the completed product!

Posted (edited) · Report post

I do love the artwork of the tin. I found a few places selling them on line for around $22 bucks to $25 bucks USD plus shipping. Yes the wood parts inside do not look much like the box art work or a lilliput.

post-7-0-32380000-1343757192.jpg

Edited by robothut

Posted · Report post

Personally, I would probably had preferred the robot on the box design to the actual final product. Thanks for posting a photo of the components, I may have fallen for buying this.

Posted · Report post

I'd buy it just for the tin box. I love the zoned out kid having "hours of fun".

Posted · Report post

Cool box tin Brian.....congrats......as nice as this one......cheers! :blub:

post-38-0-94244500-1343789655.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've seen this one on eBay too, and I agree...it's all about the box. Apparently the company has also gone retro with the concept of selling you a cheap, cheesy piece of crap inside a box that promises so much more....Sea Monkeys, anyone? X-ray Specs? Maybe I'm being too harsh though...it is a cool little robot, just not as awesome as the box implies....

Edited by Action Robot