13 replies to this topic

#1 The Toyman

The Toyman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

last night I went to bed late, after watching this all week, I couldn't see why the bids were so low, maybe it was the sellers low feedback, or the fact it was in the UK, who knows...what I do know is that I have been waiting and watching Nomura Batman Robots for a few years, for a few years since I sold my mint / boxed version.
I was up early this morning to attend the "Nexus" toy fair, but first things first! how did I do last night with my final bid? When I looked down the list at "items not won" it said 0...zero?... that can only mean one thing! I won the Batman Robot!!!! YIPPEEEE AT LAST!!!!!
As a collector of tin toys, Batman toys and Robots, you can imagine how thrilled I am!
I'll post more pics when he arrives!

Noel

Attached Images

• canvas.png

Noel.J.McAuley.

#2 Brian..

Brian..

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

Congratulations, Noel. It's not a rare robot but the demand for it is enormous. I was at an auction on Tuesday where a boxed one sold for 1500. Like me, you're spending a fortune buying back all those toys that we sold for peanuts back in the 80s. :wacko:

Brian Hayes

#3 The Toyman

The Toyman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

Hi Brian and thanks, I'm chuffed to finally get hold of one :thumbs: , and you're right in saying it's not exactly the Holy Grail of toys, but it's very sought after and commands all sorts of odd prices! What sort of condition was the one you saw last week? did it go to anyone we know? I got an email regarding the one in the USA that fetched $13,000.00, I thought that was ridiculous...but now I'm so pleased! :woohoo:

Attached Images

• FDSS.png

Noel.J.McAuley.

#4 MetalRobotHead

MetalRobotHead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

Noel, congrats from me. I must confess I was bidding on it, but backed out when it went over 600, I think it would have made the same money even with my low end bid so probably didn't push it up for you. As Brian says they do appear every now and then, I don't know if it is my imagination, but most of them seem to be in the UK. :scratchhead:

#5 martijn

martijn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

congrats noel!! batman rules :thumbs:
i never had it, but couple times had it in my hands, very impressive robot!! i love it!
I was watching it,you did very good :cheers:

and who dares to say batman is not a robot :biggrin:

batman robot.JPG

Edited by martijn, 14 July 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#6 kennetzel

kennetzel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Congrats. Being a batman fan I have wanted one of these for a while myself, but they are too far out of my price range. Nice grab.
See more of my Corel artwork at my Corel Draw Art Gallery Page at http://coreldraw.com...el/default.aspx

#7 astrogonza

astrogonza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

I Love Batman and this Piece is on top of my list
But is not posible at this time, , ,

Congratulations !! you did very well Toyman

#8 AtomicRobot

AtomicRobot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Congratulations Toyman !
Did this Batman always have white ears, or do those have paint rubs?
It's an awesome find and I hope you got it at a good price.
Chris

Rampaging Robots and Retro Rockets equal Cosmic Coolness!