Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

" AT LAST!"

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

last night I went to bed late, after watching this all week, I couldn't see why the bids were so low, maybe it was the sellers low feedback, or the fact it was in the UK, who knows...what I do know is that I have been waiting and watching Nomura Batman Robots for a few years, for a few years since I sold my mint / boxed version.

I was up early this morning to attend the "Nexus" toy fair, but first things first! how did I do last night with my final bid? When I looked down the list at "items not won" it said 0...zero?... that can only mean one thing! I won the Batman Robot!!!! YIPPEEEE AT LAST!!!!!

As a collector of tin toys, Batman toys and Robots, you can imagine how thrilled I am!

I'll post more pics when he arrives!

Noel

post-648-0-72608400-1342249515.png

Posted · Report post

Congratulations, Noel. It's not a rare robot but the demand for it is enormous. I was at an auction on Tuesday where a boxed one sold for £1500. Like me, you're spending a fortune buying back all those toys that we sold for peanuts back in the 80s. :wacko:

Posted · Report post

Hi Brian and thanks, I'm chuffed to finally get hold of one :thumbs: , and you're right in saying it's not exactly the Holy Grail of toys, but it's very sought after and commands all sorts of odd prices! What sort of condition was the one you saw last week? did it go to anyone we know? I got an email regarding the one in the USA that fetched $13,000.00, I thought that was ridiculous...but now I'm so pleased! :woohoo:

post-648-0-50162500-1342252572.png

Posted · Report post

Noel, congrats from me. I must confess I was bidding on it, but backed out when it went over £600, I think it would have made the same money even with my low end bid so probably didn't push it up for you. As Brian says they do appear every now and then, I don't know if it is my imagination, but most of them seem to be in the UK. :scratchhead:

Posted (edited) · Report post

congrats noel!! batman rules :thumbs:

i never had it, but couple times had it in my hands, very impressive robot!! i love it!

I was watching it,you did very good :cheers:

and who dares to say batman is not a robot :biggrin:

post-535-0-11842500-1342254599.jpg

Edited by martijn

Posted · Report post

Congrats. Being a batman fan I have wanted one of these for a while myself, but they are too far out of my price range. Nice grab.

Posted · Report post

I Love Batman and this Piece is on top of my list

But is not posible at this time, , ,

Congratulations !! you did very well Toyman

Posted · Report post

Congratulations Toyman !

Did this Batman always have white ears, or do those have paint rubs?

It's an awesome find and I hope you got it at a good price.

Posted · Report post

Congrats Noel.....way to go....Welcome home Batman!

I had him once but also sold mine and I miss the robot....excuse me Brian ;o)

He has his own presence.....cheers Mark/nasa

post-38-0-74321400-1342276440.jpeg

Posted · Report post

Nice one Noel.

As they say,,,, everything comes to he who waits. :thumbs:

By the way , are you still loving Oz. I've just been up to a gala in the village and got wet through and two wet through dogs . Loving this country !!!! it rains permanently here these days. :down:

hey ian I didn't know you live in the netherlands these days........

Edited by martijn

Posted · Report post

"Like me, you're spending a fortune buying back all those toys that we sold for peanuts back in the 80s."

Brian Hayes

Brian, that's when I picked up most everything I have at $25- $50 each MIB. :blush:

Congrats Noel that's a great piece that went for the price of a car a few years back, beautiful looking toy which spreads across many collecting fields...Robot toys, Comic toys, Battery toys, Batman toys, Superhero toys. So many types of collectors for a piece like this. :thumbs:

Thanks guys! I appreciate your comments. Martijn, that's hilarious! Ian, yes it's all going great down here, the best thing I ever did...and I heard about the glorious summer you are(n't) having. Morbius, yes, he covers just about all the best areas of toy collecting which is why he's been on my list for such a long time. Atomic, the ears should be blue, but I can sort that out when he gets here...I'm even thinking of a good quality repro box?

..and Ken, It is a lot of money, but I've been selling well lately and decided to spend it on one really good toy!

Noel

post-648-0-22129100-1342328818.jpg

Edited by The Toyman

Posted · Report post

hey ian I didn't know you live in the netherlands these days........

Don't know about the Netherlands Martijn but here in the Uk most people are rather damp around the nether regions :crying-and-sobbing: :blub: