8 replies to this topic

#1 Electric Robot and Son

Electric Robot and Son

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

I just caught episode 2 (eye robot) of the new TV show Oddities San Francisco. It features a search for an automaton and a brief visit to Clayton Bailey's workshop showing some of his robot creations. If you can, try and see the show On Demand if you have it. I couldn't find any clips from the show. Maybe one of our web wizards can find one.
ER&S

Joe Markee

#2 robothut

robothut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Sounds like it could be a very cool show. yes if any one can find a way for us interested people to view it that would be great!
Visit the Robot Hut Museum
http://www.robothut.robotnut.com
John R.

#3 SH MIKE

SH MIKE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Try this link:

#4 kennetzel

kennetzel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

This was fascinating. I remember seeing on on TV years ago, it was an acrobat. It performed like it was on paralell bars, very slowly, but exact movements. I have always been "interested" in them since then...obviously my love for robots coming through. I was hoping she would find something like that, and though it no doubt would be too expensive for what the guy wanted to spend, it would have been neat just seeing one. This wasn't that long ago I saw this clip, maybe ten years ago, and the thing was working like new. I did find this story from CBS Sunday Morning about Automatons.

Edited by kennetzel, 10 July 2012 - 08:32 AM.

See more of my Corel artwork at my Corel Draw Art Gallery Page at http://coreldraw.com...el/default.aspx

#5 Dirk

Dirk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Simply A M A Z I N G !!! Thanks for sharing KEN!
Dirk from Germany
robodicki.com

#6 robert

robert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

I just caught episode 2 (eye robot) of the new TV show Oddities San Francisco. It features a search for an automaton and a brief visit to Clayton Bailey's workshop showing some of his robot creations. If you can, try and see the show On Demand if you have it. I couldn't find any clips from the show. Maybe one of our web wizards can find one.

robert
Overland Park, KS

#7 robert

robert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Clayton Bailey and I shared the same art gallery in Davis CA for awhile. I love his stuff! He was making robots long before I took an active interest in collecting them. I actually owned one of his robots for a brief time, but sold it during one of my "poor" periods.
robert
Overland Park, KS

#8 nasa

nasa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

Cool....love those machines...thanks! :biggrin:
Mark S. Greaux