Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Robots and Automatons on Oddities San Francisco

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I just caught episode 2 (eye robot) of the new TV show Oddities San Francisco. It features a search for an automaton and a brief visit to Clayton Bailey's workshop showing some of his robot creations. If you can, try and see the show On Demand if you have it. I couldn't find any clips from the show. Maybe one of our web wizards can find one.

Posted · Report post

Sounds like it could be a very cool show. yes if any one can find a way for us interested people to view it that would be great!

Posted (edited) · Report post

This was fascinating. I remember seeing on on TV years ago, it was an acrobat. It performed like it was on paralell bars, very slowly, but exact movements. I have always been "interested" in them since then...obviously my love for robots coming through. I was hoping she would find something like that, and though it no doubt would be too expensive for what the guy wanted to spend, it would have been neat just seeing one. This wasn't that long ago I saw this clip, maybe ten years ago, and the thing was working like new. I did find this story from CBS Sunday Morning about Automatons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7oSFNKIlaM

Edited by kennetzel

Posted · Report post

Simply A M A Z I N G !!! Thanks for sharing KEN!

Posted · Report post

I just caught episode 2 (eye robot) of the new TV show Oddities San Francisco. It features a search for an automaton and a brief visit to Clayton Bailey's workshop showing some of his robot creations. If you can, try and see the show On Demand if you have it. I couldn't find any clips from the show. Maybe one of our web wizards can find one.

Posted · Report post

Clayton Bailey and I shared the same art gallery in Davis CA for awhile. I love his stuff! He was making robots long before I took an active interest in collecting them. I actually owned one of his robots for a brief time, but sold it during one of my "poor" periods.

Posted · Report post

Cool....love those machines...thanks! :biggrin:

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks for the heads up on one of my favorite artists!

Steve

Edited by Steve's Bots and Rays