RenMarx

Spec Toy and Pyrotomic whistles

10 posts in this topic

Yep, I decided to pick up these on ebay this week. I had wanted some Pyrotomic whistles for the last 4 years only to be outbid time and time again. The Spec Toy whistle is interesting too though. When you hold your finger over the holes near the nose of the rocket, you could change the tone on the whistle. The Pyrotomic whistles are simply a notch above anything else of this kind, the Spec whistle has much thinner plastic used. Anyway, very happy with all 3! I just need to figure out how to take apart the blue whistle, whoever lined this one up, did a poor job at it. The Spec whistle reads on the top, "Space Signal"

imnq4g.jpg

6olcph.jpg

2hdm8tj.jpg

nz0z82.jpg

Nice additions RM, I have a blue one just like yours I found a while back. I think the gold one is my favorite !

Where in the world are you finding all these older catalog pages? Great Joe!

Update! Just found this silver Pyrotomic whistle a week ago. Got some melt marks here and there but my micron papers helped diminish the marks a bit.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here's a carded example of the Musical Space Signal whistle from Carnival Toys, Inc., Bridgeport, CT:

space signal whistle.jpg

This one is translucent red plastic with glitter flecks

The recently ended listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Space-Signal-Whistle-Flute-Glitter-Red-Plastic-Rocketship-1979-/362024056965?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=WkS%2Bh%2FVZu5X0JhSL%2FD4TZG%2FFwOM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Neat find Joe, never seen this one before.

Nice find Joe! I have a couple of those with no glitter to them.

I love the Pyro whistles. Still need a yellow and a silver. The Yellow is awesome! Congrats.