Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Egg Robot

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Limited Edition Special Preview for 2012 San Diego Comicon. Which came first the Robot or the Egg? This cute little all tin windup stands 3.5 inches tall with his coiled antenna. Egg Robot features wrench shaped arms and windup walking action. Colors Pink and Blue. :biggrin:

post-856-0-18348000-1340554404.jpg

post-856-0-55440800-1340554425.jpg

post-856-0-16074600-1340554446.jpg

Posted

That's a cool little robot.

Is this a new design ?

Posted

A new look we have yes. :biggrin:

Posted (edited)

Design, did someone say design?! Sadly, not a lot of thought went into this one...IMO.

Edited by Tinman93

Posted

That's a pretty low budget design if I ever saw one.

Posted (edited)

The notorious Egg Robot is from a former time when design was not yet invented. :diggin:

Edited by Blechroboter

Posted (edited)

Cheap and unimaginative,maybe. China never stops,however. As for me, I'm parking my Japanese motorcycle, popping in a Japanese sci-fi, and playing with one or two high-quality, very imaginative and very well designed Japanese robots!!!!

Edited by Ultrarobotman

Posted

I was just thinking about this topic while out robothunting. You see a lot of chinese crap toys with ZERO quality control showing up, much more thought went into designing the box of these things than the toys and then I reflected back to actual great toys and toy robots. There was a pride in making something back then and into the 80's and 90's as well. Even in the Hong Kong rack toys and figures, there was art.

Posted

I was just thinking about this topic while out robothunting. You see a lot of chinese crap toys with ZERO quality control showing up, much more thought went into designing the box of these things than the toys and then I reflected back to actual great toys and toy robots. There was a pride in making something back then and into the 80's and 90's as well. Even in the Hong Kong rack toys and figures, there was art.

Yes, I truly believe in the post-war era there was a true pride and enjoyment of making tin toys and very artful box covers from the Japanese. To set the record, I am not totally on one side of the fence or the other as some are when it comes to Japan or China repros or originals, My collection contains both, but personally I enjoy admiring the boxes as much as the robots, mostly Japanese, though, of which I will always be partial to; those were my original childhood toys.

Posted

I got this little guy at SDCC. By the time I made it to their booth only the pink was left so I got one of those. it's cute, but I agree not too imaginative. However, it's hard for me to say no to a tin robot at $10.