#1 jeffreys

jeffreys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

Hello, My name is Jeffrey 19 years old and I'm from the Netherlands
I'm a graphic designer for theme parks.

I'm new here and till today I wasn't that enthusiastic about robot toys but I love the history and design of these
objects. And I'm a huge fan of 50's streamline design, space age, about the way they thought about the future back
then.

My question is, Today I bought these two old robot toys in boxes on a small flea market but I want to know some more information.
First one is "mechanical mighty robot" in a different box than the ones I found on google.

The second one is this gold robot that's placed in a wrong box (the box was for the television robot).

They both have numbers "mechanical" box has number 305 and the "television" box number 307

Attached Images

• 1A.jpg
  • 2A.jpg
  • 3A.jpg
  • 4A.jpg
  • 5A.jpg
  • 6A.jpg
  • 7A.jpg

#2 Blechroboter

Blechroboter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hi Jeffreys, welcome aboard! :cheers:

Your robots are only 5 years old. They were made by dutch company Dekotrends.
Read more here: http://danefield.com...omic-robot-man/

Made my very first post about those artificially aged robots too: http://danefield.com...dpost__p__56585

(Special message to thx1138: I was faster :biggrin:)
Blechroboter.de

Es kracht und zischt, der Roboter macht nischt. Er kam vom Mars, und das war´s!

#3 MetalRobotHead

MetalRobotHead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

Welcome to Alphadrome Jeffrey, I am sorry to have to tell you the robots you bought appear to be current reproductions that have been artificially aged and put in boxes that have had the same treatment, there is a post about them somewhere on Alphadrome, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. I seem to recall somebody in France was doing this and it has caught a lot of people out. Don't let it put you off, once you have had the real thing in your hands you will know why the relatively small group of us here on Alpha and the other collectors worldwide are so enthusiastic.

#4 MetalRobotHead

MetalRobotHead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

Blechroboter says - (Special message to thx1138: I was faster :biggrin:)
[/quote]

Also faster than me, and you found the previous posts :hail:

Edited by MetalRobotHead, 17 June 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#5 thx1138

thx1138

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Hey Jeffrey welcome to the club.
Wanted to answer a next door neighbour's question a bit sooner but couldn't, probably because the Germans (Blechroboter) had blocked to oppurtunity of answering a Dutch guy :) :) :). It's football time he!

But Blechroboter and Metalrobothead have allready explains things. Hope you aren't disappointed with the result.

If you need help, we are here!!!

(Special message to Blechroboter: GRRRRRRR :) )

#6 jeffreys

jeffreys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

too bad, with the gold one I already had a suspission that this wasn't original because it didn't had the ko logo (i red somewhere) and you could see some scratches were done with sanding paper, but they look so real (old) they even have the sparks and i found out the gold one has a switch on top (the ring), also the keys, and inside are rusted (long term)
It wouldn't bother me if they weren't worth anything. but it's the age that is bothering me..

better luck next time.

thx1138, hope you win with football tonight. So if we do were both through to the next round.

Edited by jeffreys, 17 June 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#7 thx1138

thx1138

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

Jeffrey you made abig mistake. I'm Belgian. We do not play this time :) :) :)

#8 jeffreys

jeffreys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

Ooohh sorry I red it to fast and thought you were german to..