2 replies to this topic

#1 Brian..

Brian..

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

An unusual auction (BIN) for two rare Batman robots. Odd way to sell two rare pieces. One is the Nomura robot, the other is the strange deformed dwarf version of the toy in a scaled down copy of the Nomura box. Fairylight saw the opportunity to reuse the Japanese box for their Hong Kong plastic Batman. Great detailed pictures.

Fairylight Batman

I've said it before, the Nomura Batman exists in appreciable quantities in the UK. I once had three sitting on my table.

Brian Hayes

#2 The Toyman

The Toyman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

Hi Brian, and thanks for posting this odd listing. I notice Pete Rice's name on one picture!I'm confident they won't be flying off the shelf at this price, but he may get a good offer. The Nomura Batman confuses me, as you say, they seem to be obtainable in the UK and I've had a mint with a (Japanese) box version, which I sold at Sandown...but...I'd like another for myself. This one pictured has just finished and the start price was 1,200 pounds. I exchanged several emails with the seller, first offering 1,000, and then 1,100, and then as the week went on I said that if he got the start price to let me know and that I could more than likely better it. There were no offers right up until the last day and he contacted me several times to say how anxious he was??? I said there was no need to be as I'd pay the price...then he accepts another offer of 1,200 pounds??? I was miffed to say the least! So, did someone get a bargain, how much are they worth ( setting aside the one that went for a crazy $13,000) This had a repro box and the cape was full of holes!

Noel

Attached Images

• $(KGrHqF,!ocE9eGelY)JBPmZ8V3JKw~~60_58.JPG

Edited by The Toyman, 12 May 2012 - 04:54 AM.

Noel.J.McAuley.

#3 MetalRobotHead

MetalRobotHead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

On the subject of these Batman robots, have you noticed the two different types of switch.

Attached Images

• Batman robot.jpg