When I realize there is about a year's salary lying on the bench,

for me to screw up completely, my hands start to shake, which

might make me screw them up completely.

Life is hard!

post-2-1113526784.jpg

Posted · Report post

they look good to me

Posted · Report post

The 3 in the back are obviously laughing at the one that fell! NOT VERY NICE AT ALL!!! Bad 'bots!! :angry: That guy's only had 43 years of rollerblading experience...what did you expect?? I guess "TOPOLINO" toppled....

(hey, Henk I can relate. I'm even like that when taking vintage ones out of their shipping box. A toy that's been around 40+ years, one bad move and they could be toast)!

Just glad they're on your bench not mine...otherwise I'd probably be throwing out the toast as we speak!

My brother-in-law always told me, don't EVER open that hood of your car except to check the fluids. I've done well with n'er a breakdown. EVER. Same with the vintage tin! I'll leave that up to you experts...

Posted · Report post

send them to me . ill fix for ya! they wont get lost in the mail ,us post office has a great record. : ph34r:

Posted · Report post

Henk, Just wait 'till the repros come out, you won't have to worry about them being worth so much. ;)

Posted · Report post

Well I have to worry about these now as they are restoration jobs.

And I worry all the more as the robots are not mine. (though I have both, he, he, he, )

Posted · Report post

I'm sure you will do a good job Henk. I had an idea you would already have them....are there any you haven't got? :P

Posted · Report post

...Henk....are there any you haven't got?

Now, that, Ranger, would make for a very interesting thread!

Perhaps, 9tobor9 would care to get in on this topic. Maybe, a little row might develop between these two super Euro collectors!

Row! Row! Row! Row!

(Hey Henk, I just realized something. Know what word rhymes with row?)

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

(As opposed to row, which rhymes with Whoa!, Whoa!, Whoa!)

Posted · Report post

;) We're not super euro collectors; we're Hyper Collectors !!! & still; I do miss the DP, Jupiter, & euhh, the Sankei Television & certainly others, but Henk has them, so it's cool. No , wait, I guess we both miss the Jupiter !!! O golly o gosh !!!

Posted · Report post

These Are Not Toys Anymore

Are they Devo ?

post-2-1113612654_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

This beautiful MIB Nomura Radar "Topiolino" Robot just sold on Yahoo Japan for $9000 USD. Certainly one that doesn't come up too often.

post-2-1122556174.jpg

Posted · Report post

Rear view:

post-2-1122556282.jpg

Posted · Report post

A re-working of the X-70 Tulip head robot, also by Nomura.

A tidy sum of money for a 1970 robot.

Am I correct when I say that "Topolino" was not marketed here in the U.S.?

Posted · Report post

Ever wonder how the Radar robot got the nickname Topolino? - I did, and found this in Alphadrome's own Robot Pages.

Several robots share the name 'Radar Robot' so it is usually taken to refer to the primitive TN Radar Robot. There's another Radar Robot that is a little known jewel, the so-called Topolino robot, also by Nomura. For many years this robot was not fully identified because no box was known. An Italian collector decided to refer to it as Topolino (the Italian name for Mickey Mouse) because of the its distinctive ears, prominent nose and beaming smile. The name has stuck

Posted · Report post

I've never liked this robot. I think the gells in the chest are interesting (they reveal space scenes when lit, or so I've been led to believe), and the colors are okay. But the head turns me off completely. I'd love to find one at a yard sale -- but only so I could sell it and get something I really like.

$9K MIB is cheap, though (relatively speaking, of course). I remember people expressing great surprise when the one at the Barrett auction went for "only" $12K. (Or was it $10K? Regardless, you get my point.)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0