119 replies to this topic

#105 robothut

robothut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:41 PM

Here are a few pictures of the Roboter 700 at the GoodWin Collection.

Attached Images

• robotorside.jpg
  • robotorfront.jpg

Visit the Robot Hut Museum
http://www.robothut.robotnut.com
John R.

#106 robothut

robothut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

Here is a 3D picture of Roboter 700 that I took. I croped out Suzie as the picture of the two of them has been posted in 3d and non 3D many times on Alphadrome by me.Make sure you have the red filter over your Left eye and the blue filter over your right eye in order for the 3D too work.

Attached Images

• 3dRoboter700.jpg

Visit the Robot Hut Museum
http://www.robothut.robotnut.com
John R.

#107 Electric Robot and Son

Electric Robot and Son

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:06 AM

Dirk,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story about the Roboter 700. A Great Robot Quest! Congratulations!
ER&S

Joe Markee

#108 marco

marco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:11 AM

HALLO DIRK,

Fabelhaft Dirk, vieles dank fur die Historie.
Kommt der Roboter auch von einem kleinen " Toyshop " :-)
Ich mochte mich gerne auch nochmahl so einen Roboter haben, wenn du einen findest, du hast meinem nummer :)

Schone grusse aus die Niederlande

Marco

ROBOT INVESTIGATIONS

PART 1

ROBOTER 700 – THE STORY

It must have been in the early 90s during one of my first visits to GERNOT in Darmstadt, when he showed me a picture of an unknown robot. Nobody around knew the name of that robot – it belonged to a man in France. The robot had a very unique design that wasn’t comparable to any other robot. There was only one rumor that he had been manufactured in Germany, and that he was made of plastic.

Many years later, a collector found another sample with the original box in a German flea market. Then we knew that his name was ROBOTER 700. Many thanks to VOLKER STRAUSS, who made the first investigation at the German Patent Office. Finally, he found the original patent and sent me a copy of that. The first announcement is dated - 24.Sept. 1959 – the final patent – 16.Jan. 1961. The robot had been manufactured at a German company named AUGUST KNOCH.

Of course, I hoped to discover a ROBOTER 700, or maybe only a few fragments of him at a flea market or at a toy show. Unfortunately, this desire remained completely unfulfilled. The years passed by, and I was almost surprised when a ROBOTER 700 BOX showed up at a well known internet auctioneer in the year 2002. I immediately sent an e-mail to the seller and started out just the next morning to have a look at that box in person. I nearly got a cardiac infarct when the man gave that box to me - this was really a perfectly original box from a ROBOTER 700! I explained that I collected toy robots, and that this box was quite rare. The man was a good guy and a collector for old trains and cars. So, I made an offer, and we came to an agreement shortly after. He had acquired the box together with a bunch of toys from a German auction house. That auction house also didn't have a clue what they were selling. The whole bunch in that picture went for a very low total amount, let's say - “dinner for two with a good glass of wine.” ;)

#109 Dirk

Dirk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

Thank you everybody again for your nice comments! & JOHN, thank you very much for adding this nice sample from the Goodwin Collection.

What I really would like to know - are there other samples in collections in the states? I know only from my sample here in EU definately - but I have had informations, that another sample could be in France - and a third maybe in GB. But I didn't have a proof for that.

I know, once you counted the MACHINE MAN up to 14 samples, STEVE! Can you give me a number for the ROBOTER 700?

Edited by Dirk, 22 November 2010 - 11:15 AM.

Dirk from Germany
robodicki.com

#110 dratomic

dratomic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

Incredible story, Dirk. It certainly explains why the Roboter 700 is so rare! I'm amazed that any survived to this day.

I was particularly struck by the signed sticker that was on your box. It's a rare piece of history -- I hope you saved it after removing it from the box!

Thanks again for all your hard work. This post definitely belongs in the Alphadrome Hall of Fame. :)

Brian
Click to read my vintage space toy blog. It's fun!
newlogoSMALL.jpg

#111 Brian..

Brian..

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

Dirk's been working on his site recently. Those who can read German would have learned about the Roboter 700 a little earlier than the rest of us monoglots. Here's the site, well worth a good long look.:

ROBODICKI

Brian Hayes

#112 martijn

martijn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:39 PM

Those who can read German would have learned about the Roboter 700 a little earlier than the rest of us monoglots.

thank the lord i was born dutch :o
but the good side of it is I can read it all! great site dirk, true great addition in the robotworld!