86 replies to this topic

#1 larry seven

larry seven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:40 PM

smile.gif Did one of you guys or gals get this seller to end this auction for a Mr. Chime Trooper in rusty condition ,- number 6037963107? If so, congrats, you frightful cad! Haha! -L7
Larry R Jones, -favorites: Mechanized Robot, Suzie Robette,
Nando Robot, Radicon Robot, Robot Lilliput, Atomic Robot Man,
Lavender Non-Stop Robot, Mr. Planet, Door Robot, Chief Robotman

#2 MetalRobotHead

MetalRobotHead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:42 PM

I was planning on having a bid on it, I thought here's my chance to at least own an original even though it has a few problems, but not me. sad.gif

Attached Images

• 1_chime.JPG

#3 roboz

roboz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(larry seven @ Feb 24 2006, 01:40 PM) View Post

smile.gif Did one of you guys or gals get this seller to end this auction for a Mr. Chime Trooper in rusty condition ,- number 6037963107? If so, congrats, you frightful cad! Haha! -L7

Seller emailed me that he was taking offers ...mentioned I would buy it ..had a cool conversion in mind with an extra sparkling mike head I have. Oh well cie la vie. rolleyes.gif

USA

0b1749e0.png

#4 larry seven

larry seven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:43 PM

smile.gif It doesn't look too bad except for the chest part and the missing parts. I think that it would clean up to be a nice enough piece for a collection. -L7
Larry R Jones, -favorites: Mechanized Robot, Suzie Robette,
Nando Robot, Radicon Robot, Robot Lilliput, Atomic Robot Man,
Lavender Non-Stop Robot, Mr. Planet, Door Robot, Chief Robotman

#5 Morbius

Morbius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 09:00 PM

Kinda looks like Marvin the martian from Bugs Bunny! laugh.gif

...like some kid has just beat the heck out of it and he's saying, "That makes me very, very ANGRY"!!!

Michael D. Le Blanc

Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative.

#6 steve

steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:21 PM

One of my favorites is Tremendous Mike. Now I'm soliciting opinions. When I first started in this hobby Chime Trooper (same body pressing as TM and also made by Aoshin) was held in higher esteem that Tremendous Mike. I always felt that TM was the better piece -just more robotic like to me. I was proved right for a bit as the trend reversed in the late nineties as TM was then garnering more money than Chime Trooper. Griffith is a good example. Now the trend is once again reversing as a loose CT commands more money than TM (unboxed - the TM box is rarer and a boxed TM is commanding big $$$ privately). So which version do my fellow Alphadromer's prefer??????

Attached Images

• DSC01914.JPG

Steven

#7 dratomic

dratomic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:53 PM

I love the colors, litho scheme, and general vibe of the Chime Trooper. However, while the head SHAPE is cool, I'd rather have a robot. So all things being equal, I like Tremendous Mike more. Especially the grey one.

Not that I'd turn down a Chime Trooper. wink.gif

Brian
Click to read my vintage space toy blog. It's fun!
newlogoSMALL.jpg

#8 mike van

mike van

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:58 PM

Not caring for astronauts, especially the boy faced ones, i'd have to pick the TM Steve, which I thought were supposed to be popping out of the orient soon - Or should I say re-popping? unsure.gif