Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CHIME TROOPER - AOSHIN

87 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

:) Did one of you guys or gals get this seller to end this auction for a Mr. Chime Trooper in rusty condition ,- number 6037963107? If so, congrats, you frightful cad! Haha! -L7

Posted · Report post

I was planning on having a bid on it, I thought here's my chance to at least own an original even though it has a few problems, but not me. :(

post-214-1140788562.jpg

Posted · Report post

:) Did one of you guys or gals get this seller to end this auction for a Mr. Chime Trooper in rusty condition ,- number 6037963107? If so, congrats, you frightful cad! Haha! -L7

Seller emailed me that he was taking offers ...mentioned I would buy it ..had a cool conversion in mind with an extra sparkling mike head I have. Oh well cie la vie. :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

:) It doesn't look too bad except for the chest part and the missing parts. I think that it would clean up to be a nice enough piece for a collection. -L7

Posted · Report post

Kinda looks like Marvin the martian from Bugs Bunny! :lol:

...like some kid has just beat the heck out of it and he's saying, "That makes me very, very ANGRY"!!!

Posted · Report post

One of my favorites is Tremendous Mike. Now I'm soliciting opinions. When I first started in this hobby Chime Trooper (same body pressing as TM and also made by Aoshin) was held in higher esteem that Tremendous Mike. I always felt that TM was the better piece -just more robotic like to me. I was proved right for a bit as the trend reversed in the late nineties as TM was then garnering more money than Chime Trooper. Griffith is a good example. Now the trend is once again reversing as a loose CT commands more money than TM (unboxed - the TM box is rarer and a boxed TM is commanding big $$$ privately). So which version do my fellow Alphadromer's prefer??????

post-3-1154560878.jpg

Posted · Report post

I love the colors, litho scheme, and general vibe of the Chime Trooper. However, while the head SHAPE is cool, I'd rather have a robot. So all things being equal, I like Tremendous Mike more. Especially the grey one.

Not that I'd turn down a Chime Trooper. ;)

Posted · Report post

Not caring for astronauts, especially the boy faced ones, i'd have to pick the TM Steve, which I thought were supposed to be popping out of the orient soon - Or should I say re-popping? :unsure:

Posted · Report post

For those of you who need refreshing, here is an image of Chime Trooper courtesy of Ozzies.

post-229-1154566585.jpg

Posted · Report post

Being like most Alphadromers (I'm assuming) I much prefer robots to astronauts. So my vote is TM for sure.

Posted · Report post

MIKE of course! (just me)! ;)

Posted · Report post

I agree with the Doc regarding the colours and litho on the Chime Trooper, but I have to say I don't like the head at all. It looks like an after thought, and doesn't match up aesthetically with the body. The TM keeps its form from head to skirt. So my vote is for the TM.

Posted · Report post

I really dislike those astronauts that look like their heads could not possibly be attached to the body it's on. Really creepy floating cyborg astronaut heads just don't do it for me. I vote for sticking T-Mike's head on the Chime Trooper! The perfect robot! Heh heh! TM has my vote.

Posted · Report post

Chime Trooper is beyond silly, which to my mind, brings him all the way around to being really good again. I've had mine for years, and I always love to see him. He's right next to my Tremendous Mike. I paid plenty for each one. They're both wonderful. I usually agree about boy faced astronauts -they're almost all bad, but Chime Trooper elevates himself above the others, perhaps with that long neck. I'll be curious to see the repro. Any news on that? And whatever happened to the silver lantern robot?

Posted · Report post

For the record, I literally meant the shape of the Chime's head. From the front it doesn't look like much -- though I love the large face shield. But it has something of a swept-back profile, and it's kind of interesting. If anyone owns one could take a pic of the Chime Trooper from the side, perhaps you'll see what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I think it's cool. I'd much rather the toy have some sort of Robby-like mechanism under that helmet, though. THAT would be my ideal.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0