• answer.jpg

#2 larry seven

larry seven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 10:40 PM

I picked up at auction an Ichida Answer Game Robot last week, and I have a question that someone out there may know the answer to. It seems to light up, and all switches make the motor run, the left and right eye indicate plus or minus, the spinner revolves in head bubble, but my problem is that I don't know how to operate it! I assume that you clear the numbers to zero's with the left switch marked "C", and then maybe type in two numbers in the keys, and then switch plus or minus.
My machine's keys may not press down sometimes, or maybe I'm not clearing to zero first. But then what ,does it stop automatically or do I press the "T" lever(is this for total?). I simply don't know how it is supposed to operate, so I can't tell if all systems are functioning normally. Does anyone know how they work?
I will post a picture soon, as I'm really impressed with the colors on these robots. Some pictures I've seen really don't do these robots justice. Thanks, -Larry Seven
Larry R Jones, -favorites: Mechanized Robot, Suzie Robette,
Nando Robot, Radicon Robot, Robot Lilliput, Atomic Robot Man,
Lavender Non-Stop Robot, Mr. Planet, Door Robot, Chief Robotman

#3 funkrobotik

funkrobotik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 10:55 PM

Larry. I don't know how it works but I saw my first one at a toy sale last week and I agree, the shape ,colours and the whole make up of this robot don't seem to come out in pictures, I was really impressed.
This one mind was a bit tatty and the price tag, 425 , way over the top. ohmy.gif
Ian Bargh. UK Derbyshire

#4 Dirk

Dirk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:05 PM

Larry - try this: 1. Push button C to clear the board:

Attached Images

• answer_game_aa.JPG

Dirk from Germany
robodicki.com

#5 Dirk

Dirk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:08 PM

2. Type for example the 4
3. Push the button for counting +
4. Than type for example the 2

Attached Images

• answer_game_bb.JPG

Dirk from Germany
robodicki.com

#6 Dirk

Dirk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:11 PM

5. Push button T for the total result = 6. This should work - otherwise your mechanism is out of order.

Attached Images

• answer_game_cc.JPG

Dirk from Germany
robodicki.com

#7 steve

steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:41 PM

Dirk-you are the first person I know that has actually figured out how properly use this guy. I pretty sure my friend has the original instructions-but I've never actually read them.
Good work as usual!
Steven

#8 larry seven

larry seven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:49 AM

smile.gif Yes, this example works as it should, except there is a loose piece in front of the number display. I am going to have to disassemble her for repair.
As expected, my photographs do not reproduce the correct green on the body. The green is a rich grassy green. slightly darker and greener than the Dux Astroman in the same picture, yet my digital camera shws it to be more dull green than this. I had seen a few pics posted of these, and they often look similar. I love the robot. -L7
Larry R Jones, -favorites: Mechanized Robot, Suzie Robette,
Nando Robot, Radicon Robot, Robot Lilliput, Atomic Robot Man,
Lavender Non-Stop Robot, Mr. Planet, Door Robot, Chief Robotman