Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SH MIKE

LILLIPUT ROBOT - MAIN RESEARCH

248 posts in this topic

Is this Patent no. 210 in 1949 ?

volker

Volker, what information does your friend in Germany have?

Where is he getting the dates 1951/1955?

The Patent Number would have come much later than the Application but the Application

Date would be on the Patent if we could figure out what Number that is.

I'm here SH Mike. All I can say is here we go again. I find the name behind KT most interesting and I'll try to see what I can find. I always felt that the company behind the KT trademark is the key to the Lilliput dating. Lilliput has two trade marks-both KT and CK. CK(Kuramochi Shoten)was the largest supplier of made in Japen toys prior to WWII. Two of their main employees fearing the companies demise after WWII left to form Normura and Alps. From thereon they became a tier two company. KT is far more interesting in that I have only seen their trade mark on pre WWII toys. Usually in conjuction with another trademark such as Masudaya.(my guess is that KT was a manufacturer much like metal house) Now did Volkers friend only asume that KT stands for Kuramochi because that is the trade mark on the toy itself. You see one would have to have seen a box with an endflap to have seen the CK trademark. So I am still not convinced that KT stands for Kuramochi. One day I'll consult the Japanese consulate to see what info they have on the company KT. If KT did not survive past WWII-we will know that Lilliput is first. This is all just snipets of info and there is still not enough hard evidence although nothing would suprise me at this point.

The 210 patent number in 1949 makes great sense. The original Japanese patent dating system was based on the # of years from the death of emperor Hirohito or the beginning of the Showa period which I believe is 1927.

Steve, I remember Robert Lesser on Kovels Antiques when he stated that Lilliput may be pre war. He said he had seen a 1930's Patent of the motor and did not know if it was for the toy also or just the mechanism. Would you be able to find out that Patent Number from him?

With our new boatload of Patent Information available, any numbers would be helpfull.

I have the number somewhere but that turned into a dead end. After careful examination with him we determined that that patent only applied to the key wind mechanism-not the actual robot. So it is not totally inconceivable that an earlier patented keywind was used in a later toy.

I think the number 210 on the Atomic box does not refer to

the Patent Number because it says APPLY FOR PATENT.

which is the same as Patent Pending.

I wonder what the 22068 number means?

Even if you take 22068-the first two numbers would represent 22 years after the death of Hirohito-hence circa 1949.

Hi,

my contact told me the liliput in the museum-stock have a Price - tag.

So I real think about to jump into the car and drive 4 hours to see this liliput.

I called him today in three times and I think- he mean I am crazy.

Maybe tomorrow more Infos.

cu

Volker

Looking forward to the info Volker-maybe you can provide the 'missing link" in this puzzle.

It's amazing that this question still hasn't been solved, despite the dozens and probably hundreds of crazy collectors who try to dig up the answer... What has mr. Kitahara said about it? Are the patent archives closed for the public, or are there any other problems?

Hi Rich,

it,s not a dealer it,s a contact from the Nürnberg Museum.

please follow the link - i hope it works. The Liliput is in the Museumstock and not so easy to find .

http://62.159.148.203/mbdemo/postcrd4.htm

ok than you must follow the first link left side " blechspielzeug " than in the next window

script Roboter in the first line and clicke to suchen ( search ) then comes 2 differnd Liliput Robots.

greetings

Volker

wwoooh,

I find another Toy from this Company.

A Tank

1935/1945

Hersteller Kuramochi Toys

Marke Monogramm K T im Halbkreis &

TRADE MARK &

MADE IN JAPAN

post-2-1077054449.jpg

OK stop I'm back stop thank you Volker for your great information stop museum was already closed stop window beside was open stop lilliput was back on his shelf stop one quick shot before the alarm systems sound stop and here is the result:

post-2-1077062320.jpg

Hi Dirk,

your Liliput looks better as the museums one :D .

Also ok- I think we need facs and no roumers about the Atomic Robot man and the liliput.

So I contacted the Patent & Trademark Office in Tokyo.

Hope they can help us.

And I still wait for the answer from the Nürnberg Toy Museum.

Great News,

but first thanks to Dr. Helmut Schwarz Director of the Toy-Museum Nürnberg.

he send me an e-mail with a Picture from the Tag - Date 7. 2. 1937 or 2. 7. 1937

Sample not for sale !!!!

post-2-1077110996.jpg