130 replies to this topic

#17 SH MIKE

SH MIKE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 03:57 AM

Volker, what information does your friend in Germany have?

Where is he getting the dates 1951/1955?

The Patent Number would have come much later than the Application but the Application
Date would be on the Patent if we could figure out what Number that is.

#18 steve

steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:11 AM

I'm here SH Mike. All I can say is here we go again. I find the name behind KT most interesting and I'll try to see what I can find. I always felt that the company behind the KT trademark is the key to the Lilliput dating. Lilliput has two trade marks-both KT and CK. CK(Kuramochi Shoten)was the largest supplier of made in Japen toys prior to WWII. Two of their main employees fearing the companies demise after WWII left to form Normura and Alps. From thereon they became a tier two company. KT is far more interesting in that I have only seen their trade mark on pre WWII toys. Usually in conjuction with another trademark such as Masudaya.(my guess is that KT was a manufacturer much like metal house) Now did Volkers friend only asume that KT stands for Kuramochi because that is the trade mark on the toy itself. You see one would have to have seen a box with an endflap to have seen the CK trademark. So I am still not convinced that KT stands for Kuramochi. One day I'll consult the Japanese consulate to see what info they have on the company KT. If KT did not survive past WWII-we will know that Lilliput is first. This is all just snipets of info and there is still not enough hard evidence although nothing would suprise me at this point.
The 210 patent number in 1949 makes great sense. The original Japanese patent dating system was based on the # of years from the death of emperor Hirohito or the beginning of the Showa period which I believe is 1927.
Steven

#19 SH MIKE

SH MIKE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:17 AM

Steve, I remember Robert Lesser on Kovels Antiques when he stated that Lilliput may be pre war. He said he had seen a 1930's Patent of the motor and did not know if it was for the toy also or just the mechanism. Would you be able to find out that Patent Number from him?

With our new boatload of Patent Information available, any numbers would be helpfull.

#20 steve

steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:22 AM

I have the number somewhere but that turned into a dead end. After careful examination with him we determined that that patent only applied to the key wind mechanism-not the actual robot. So it is not totally inconceivable that an earlier patented keywind was used in a later toy.
Steven

#21 SH MIKE

SH MIKE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:41 AM

I think the number 210 on the Atomic box does not refer to
the Patent Number because it says APPLY FOR PATENT.
which is the same as Patent Pending.

I wonder what the 22068 number means?

#22 steve

steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 03:56 PM

Even if you take 22068-the first two numbers would represent 22 years after the death of Hirohito-hence circa 1949.
Steven

#23 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:42 PM

Hi,
my contact told me the liliput in the museum-stock have a Price - tag.
So I real think about to jump into the car and drive 4 hours to see this liliput.
I called him today in three times and I think- he mean I am crazy.

Maybe tomorrow more Infos.

cu

Volker
www.strenco.de

#24 steve

steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:45 PM

Looking forward to the info Volker-maybe you can provide the 'missing link" in this puzzle.
Steven