Sign in to follow this  
ANZinSpace

Mr Machine Game, Ideal

ANZinSpace

This appeared on EBAY some time ago and I kept meaning to post the pictures. I didn't bid on it but I did find it interesting after I'd won a Mr Machine robot in another auction.

The seller wrote this about the game:

RARE! 1961 IDEAL TOYS

MR. MACHINE BOARD GAME! COMPLETE!

Large Mr. Machine Robot with a Color-Wheel Eye and Hand plus 4 (Mini) MR. MACHINE Game Pieces plus GAME BOARD

and Original Directions on How to Play the Game

This is a Full-Size Mr. Machine Game.... not the miniature game used in dollhouses.

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL!RARE!!!!

Cardboard box has torn corners...needs to be re-taped and a side panel needs to be re-taped.

post-1110-0-88926600-1327846096.jpg

post-1110-0-58463300-1327846103.jpg

‚Äč
WJN

That's one I've never seen, very cool!

Dirk

Very Cool indeed! Never seen before....

Joe K.

With the overwhelming success of Mr. Machine in 1960, Ideal decided to cash in with this board game in 1961.

The object is to be the first one to get from the "Start" position in the lower left hand corner of the board, to the "Mr. Machine Factory" in the upper right hand corner. The number of spaces moved (1, 2, 3, or 4) is determined by raising and lowering the large Mr. Machine's arm. The numbered, circular disk inside the arm would roll back and forth. In the lower position, the little, white arrow on the hand would point to a number. The direction a pawn would move is determined by tilting Mr. Machine's head back and forth. The color disk inside would also roll and come to rest with another little white arrow pointing to a specific color (black, white, blue, red or yellow). Along the way, there were detours to the "Parts Shop", "Nut & Bolt Shop", "Plastic Shop", "Gear Shop", "Tool Shop" and "Motor Shop".

Only one side of the little Mr. Machine's top hats were painted: Gold, Silver, Blue or Red. They all need to be facing to the right to see the different colors.

I'm intrigued by the seller's sentence:

This is a Full-Size Mr. Machine Game.... not the miniature game used in dollhouses.

A dollhouse-sized Mr. Machine Game?!?

Now, that's one I've never seen!

robothut

Here you go Joe. 1/12th scale.

ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960s-MR-MACHINE-GAME-1-12-Dollhouse-Miniature-/290662172388?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43acd0c6e4

post-7-0-84949900-1327877186.jpg

Kilroy

Dammit!

I have one of these and didn't realize it was missing the board until now. I just display the box and the pieces that were within.

Joe K.

Here's the instruction sheet:

Robotopia

I'm not really a fan of games that are robot related, but I will make an exception for this game. The graphics and play actions are really fantastic. I guess if I saw it at a garage sale for $10 I would have to buy it. :)