Sign in to follow this  
SH MIKE

Robot Bowling Game 1947

SH MIKE

Does anyone have any more information about this game?

What type of Bowling Ball did it use? Marble? Steel Ball Bearing? What size?

How was the ball attached to the throwing arm?

Does anyone know the Patent Number? It is worn off on the sticker.

I wonder how many other toys the Robot Toy Co. made?

Thanks.

post-27-0-02149000-1324440228.jpg

post-27-0-91217400-1324440249.jpg

post-27-0-87672000-1324440260.jpg

post-27-0-89536700-1324440270.jpg

post-27-0-19852900-1324440280.jpg

‚Äč
jimm

Very cool! Yours? Amazing what 3 bucks got ya back then, shipping included!

kennetzel

This looks a lot like the Homer Simpson bowling game. I have to think that Hoomer's game is based on this one...aside from the lack of detail of the figure, it looks almost identicle. This pic taken at the Toy lair during the last botstock...which tanks to Chuck...I got one of my own. Nice piece.

post-125-0-35300600-1324468518.jpg

Morbius

Bowling AND robots together, cool...that Homer Simpson set looks awesome.

This thread reminds me of last spring when my vintage 60+ year old Manhattan Rubber ball which I've used since the mid '70's got stuck in the return mechanism at our local alley and came back smouldering as a huge smoke-bomb, what a stink that raised...the manager gave me a great discount on a pro-ball after I walked the smouldering melted mess into the pro-shop and got an "OH MY"!!!

DOH!!!!!!

kennetzel

That Simpson's bowling game is awesome, as is the pool table. Seeing this set at Chuck's Toy Lair, as soon as I got home that weekend after Botstock, I got one of my own. Very nice, colorful, yet retro looking. As is the pool table. Oh, and I apologize for the quality of the pic...I took it with my new toy story alien digital camera, which does better sitting on the shelf, than being used as a camera. It really sucks as a camera. I'll get better pics later.

kennetzel

That Simpson's bowling game is awesome, as is the pool table. Seeing this set at Chuck's Toy Lair, as soon as I got home that weekend after Botstock, I got one of my own. Very nice, colorful, yet retro looking. As is the pool table. Oh, and I apologize for the quality of the pic. I took it with my new Toy Story alien camera which really sucks as a camera but works great as a display piece. I'll get better pics later.

post-125-0-43515900-1324508915.jpg

Roboto

Another set that was made by Rocket USA. :)

Hit a strike every time with the Rocket Bowling Game! Made of all tin material, the bowling lane and bowler features color and graphics that are sure to take you back some years! Ready in his bowling position, the bowler's are cathes on a release lever and when released, the arm swings forward and sends the bowling ball flying down the lane hopefully resulting in a strike! The game includes 10 wooden pins and 2 marbles.

post-856-0-26563100-1324513318.jpg