3 replies to this topic

#1 Brian..

Brian..

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

Rare by any standards, the Buck Rogers Cream of Wheat Set 1936. A great chance for some closeups.

Made in 1936, these figures were part of a mail away program offered by Cream Of Wheat each with a movable arm or arms. Made by Britains
. On the bottom of each of these are the names of each character and words Made In England J. Dille Co. Reproduced in 1989 by DP.
Characters:(not in order yet) Buck Rogers with ray gun, both arms are movable,
Dr. Huer, one arm moves, black torch in his hand.Killer Kane, one arm moves.Ardala, one arm moves.Wilma, one arm moves.Robot, both arms are removable.

Attached Images

• 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg
  • 6.jpg
  • robot.jpg

Brian Hayes

#2 Phil R

Phil R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:38 AM

Brian, one of my all time favorite Buck Rogers items, worth a great deal of money. I have one of the repro sets purchased about 25 years ago. The boxed set is repo and the individual photos are of originals.

Attached Images

• brogers4 004-1.jpg
  • britains buck rogers.JPG
  • britains wilma.JPG
  • britains dr huer.JPG
  • bbritains killer kane.JPG
  • britains ardala.JPG
  • britains robot.JPG

Phil Redman, York, PA

#3 Tinman

Tinman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:02 PM

Great vintage set, I'd even like to have a repro! Are they $6k rare?
Bill P.

#4 Phil R

Phil R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:55 PM

Bill, like everything else values have come down. As you may remember two lots of 10 figures each were sold at the Buck Rogers part of Morphy's auction in January. They had some issues and the grouping with one robot sold for $2,600. and the grouping with 2 robots sold for $3,200. I still think that a mint or near mint set of 6 would bring $3,000-$4,000. or more. Repro sets are still being sold occasionally on ebay for a reasonable amount, less than $200. But if you want one you'd beter get one soon.
Phil Redman, York, PA