Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SarasotaRobby

Johillco Space Stations

34 posts in this topic

Doc, my camera just went tango. The port was built to scale [as close as possible] for the 40 mm figures . 1.5 " . Although up to 2" can be used. It breaks down about 70% . It is 12" long by 11" high. I think Phil is on his way up on Saturday. It will have a new home and probably a better paint job. The concept of a larger robot house is cool, but I doubt anyone would display a collection like that.

‚Äč

Well, with all that's been going on with the holiday etc, I finally finished the Johillco Spaceport restoration. I decided to dismantle it for two reasons. One, to obviously make it easier to restore, to possibly modify the reassembly and to make patterns for possibly making a few. The process took longer than expected.

I also redid the decals for the pillars and windows (landing areas use same decal) because of the damage to the originals.

I reason I use props instead of artistic illustrations for backgrounds is to maintain the toy look aspect of the scene.

I used contemporary Britains in the photo scene because I have no Johillco spacemen and this is the closest I could come with an English set. :D

post-221-1270584105.jpg

post-221-1270584407.jpg

post-221-1270584442.jpg

post-221-1270584515.jpg

post-221-1270584570.jpg

post-221-1270587362.jpg

As I mentioned earlier I made an actual pattern for making the spaceport. For those coming to Botstock, if you're interested, a kit would include a 36 " x 30" pattern sheet, assembled and unassembled photos, decals for the windows and landing area including the checkerboard design, the top platform landing area and 4 pillar cover sheets. I'll have to charge about $10. to cover cost of copies. The decals won't be on adhesive paper and would have to be cut out and glued down or spray glued like I do with a lot of items. Or maybe Mark will make it.

I modified the assembly so that no nails are used but perhaps we can do a take apart model without gluing anything.

post-221-1270606726.jpg

Nice job Phil! It came out really nice. I would be interested in a kit.

I can't wait to see that at Botstock.

Wow what an improvement !! Great Blueprints. I'll take a set .

Phil, I'm not sure I know the story of you finding this Space Port. Did you pick it up at auction?

Superb job it looks fantastic.

Fantastic work as usual Phil. Really a great piece.

If anyone other than ER&S and Eagle are interested in a set of construction patterns, decals, etc. for the spaceport , let me know so that I can bring them to Botstock.

As some members know I had bought a Johillco space port and restored it. I photographed it with newer Britains spacemen. Perhaps Brian can move the post info.

post-221-002171400 1287664147.jpg

A little boxed Johillco Satellite Space Station. It has a simple construction of cardboard and wood and the scale would make it out of proportion to most of the space figures available.

Just thought I'd update the space port. I saw these pictures of the Johillco the other day. They apparently modified it color wise and with domes. The port windows also look like plastic instead of decals. Some other design elements have been changed. I like it

post-221-0-65393600-1325464938.jpg

post-221-0-80390800-1325464951.jpg

post-221-0-33049400-1325464961.jpg