ALPHADROME ROBOTS AND SPACE TOYS
Sign in to follow this  
martijn

1964 - Dux Catalog

martijn

I didn't find the Dux astroman here, so here's a picture of a 1964 catalog.

but don't think 1964 is the earliest date???

(the patent drawing is 1959)

post-535-1262729998.jpg

post-535-1262730016.jpg

martijn

strange, the drawing is dated 1965 I see now,

but according to my written info together with this drawing the year is 1959 :unsure:

anyone knows how I got 1959 in my information??? dirk? gernot?

Blechroboter

1964? 1965? Great discovery Martijn!

In the Botho Wagner/Gernot Münk Book is mentioned the production date 1959-1963. That´s all I know.

Dirk

MARTIJN - thanks for sharing. I have the same catalogue - marked as EXPORT catalogue without any dating in it... I always believed the dates in the Battenberg / GERNOT book - 1959 to early 60th... The earliest proof I have, came from a listing in these nice book - where all the MARKES & CO products are listed. This is the earliest entry 1962 with a proof for the moment - I have. I had never realized before, that the ASTROMAN has still no entry in the time line. As we have no earlier proof - this (1962) should be the entry for the time line for the moment... The patent could be laid ( and added) later ( patent says AUSLEGETAG 26. May 1965 ) - and there are different patents for the Astroman for different countries.

MARKES & CO is still on my list - to explore what informations are still hidden for the Astroman... maybe a project for us together in summer MARTIJN?? I'm still not ready with the other one.... :rolleyes:

post-11-1262738227.jpg

post-11-1262738239.jpg

martijn

maybe a project for us together in summer MARTIJN?? I'm still not ready with the other one.... :rolleyes:

YES

we go talk about it, expect a visit soon from m&m on the bikes when the sun is a bit more shining :)

Dirk

AH JOE - THX for digging out the old topic. Here is the original Patent, that Volker found once again...

post-11-1262806515.jpg

Blechroboter

It´s a bit tricky with the officialese. I think best translation is:

Anmeldetag = date of filing (~ date of registration)

Auslegetag = publication date ( ~ date of display/exhibit)

Brian..

So it's a close call in terms of dates. Because one surely copied the other!

gernot

Here is a copy of the title page and inside information of a DUX sales catalog from 1962.

This is the earliest catalog prove I have in hand so far.

In the catalog it is not marked as "NEW" item, so it might have been available more early (1959-1961 ?).

The price of 34.50 DM (German Mark) equals aproximately todays exchange rate of around 17 Euros or 25 US Dollar.

In the year 1962 this was an extremely high price compared to other toys at this time period.

I have never seen the other shown DUX "Space" rockets with small Capsules and Satellites "Alfa-111" and "Beta-113" as shown on this page.

They describe a flight range of over 6 m and that the toy is not harmful becasue it is made of "soft plastic".

post-25-1263312403.jpg

post-25-1263312422.jpg